Recent content by TallDan

1. T

Onkyo TX-RZ50 Review (Home Theater AVR)

As the article says, and as has already been discussed here: “The company sold its core home audiovisual business to Sharp and U.S.-based Voxx International and its earphones and headphones business to an investment fund, both in September. A joint venture between Sharp and Voxx is expected to...
  2. T

I very nearly got one of those, but amplifiers and, iirc, 11.1 processing instead of 9.1 made the tx-rz50 worth the extra $100 in list price in my mind.
  3. T

Honestly not sure, It could have been all channel stereo with dirac live and that might explain it. My first run with dirac I tried to go through it quickly and did not have good results at all. The next day I reran it and it was much better.
  4. T

I just did this for 30 minutes or so. I got the internal temp to report as high as 62c but seemed to top out there and no apparent issues with audio quality or sudden volume changes.
  5. T

I don't think that would work. Earlier in the thread, amir stated: So, even with no speakers connected to LCR, it would still go into this mode, compromising the internal amp performance for any channels that are using internal amplification.
  6. T

FWIW, I own one and I voted headless.
  7. T

Yeah. Same on the tx-rz50: that echoy mode for stereo (which is a default) is garbage. Reminds me of the similarly gimmicky Pro Logic II modes.
  8. T

Ive had a couple instances where mine did not sound right, and the next day seemed to be OK again. Seems like the nanny mode might explain it. I’ll be more confident in that answer when it happens again and I pull the plug for a minute and try again. My speakers are old 8ohm B&Ws. (As noted...
  9. T

Did you notice any relay clicks during this, or any of your testing? I’ve had some seemingly random relay clicks from mine.
  10. T

FWIW, i was able to get a bit of a discount on my TX-RZ50 when I bought it a month ago. I'd consider that I was lucky in that respect. Correct. This would be comparing the two models for a more specific use case (pre-outs only), not a general comparison. It is a use case that people on this...
  11. T

This is the only way i see a postman panther for this one. Rereading the results, if i stop reading before the amplifier section, things don't look bad. At current list prices, $200 less than the avr-x3700h (which would seem like the primary competition). Pre/pro SINAD is very close here and...
  12. T

Well, this is disappointing. I didn’t expect world class performance, but was hoping for something a little more competitive. Combined with some minor problems I’ve had, I may look into returning mine. @amirm Did you have any contact with onkyo on this? I’m be curious what response they...
  13. T

Integra DRX 5.4 vs. Onkyo TX-RZ50

More IR and trigger ports, a fancier front bezel, and possibly some more/better integration for custom installers. At least, that's what I was able to find when I was comparing the two. The Integra also seems to be easier to buy right now as the Onkyo is out of stock in most places. I was...
Top Bottom