Recent content by taisho

1. T

Sennheiser HD569 Headphone Review

I returned these headphones a couple of months ago. I tried Oratory's EQ - it both improved and broke the sound in some aspects. Then I tried out each individual EQ filter on a few songs and it came out that I discarded all the filters above 2kHz. Then the improvement was really there. Still...
  2. T

(Europe) Master Deals Thread on Audio Product Sales

Monoprice Monolith THX subwoofers with free shipping and -10 euros for signing up for a newsletter. Starting from 464 euros for 10" variant: https://www.monoprice.eu/products/monolith-m-10-v2-10-inch-thx-select-certified-500-watt-powered-subwoofer-uk-eu?variant=42072079466673
  3. T

Subwoofer Comparison

It was worth waiting a bit and I wouldn't be able to set them up before anyway. Bought my pair at 464 euros each. Minus 10 euro discount coupon for the newsletter. Now I'm waiting for MiniDSP Flex promo and I'm all set. The sale price for the 12" variant is also very good.
  4. T

What headphone(s) do you own ?

Sennheiser HD 660s Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro 80 Ohm The Beyers were my first headphones. Now they sit in my drawer as an emergency. 660s win in every aspect apart from noise isolation. Surprisingly even the bass experience is better, mostly because it can be felt outside your ears. The vocals are...
  5. T

The headphones demo in the store has gone weird

My local hi-fi store allows testing of some popular headphones and other audio gear. Such an opportunity is a feature differentiating them from online competition. I visited the store this week. This post is focused on interactions with the employee in the store. One side of the coin is that he...
  6. T

Hifiman Sundara (2020 earpad) - poor cello performance

Unfortunately, now I don't have access to Sundaras. I tested the headphones at the store on my daily gear. The sound of the cello was so butchered on these Sundaras 2020, that I would assume it was a defective unit, if not that also the old HD600 wasn't good in this area, having the same type of...
  7. T

Good point, but it was the 2020 earpad version and I've checked that the EQ file I used was for the revised earpads. I adjusted my post to make it clear.
  8. T

I tried it with and without Oratory1990 EQ, no significant difference on cellos.
  9. T

I've edited my initial post. I am not a cello player. I feel like the cello is well-represented on HD660s and on my DBR-62. On DT770 it also doesn't disappoint and would surely give better impressions if the soundstage was wider, but the timbre seems more or less correct.
  10. T

Yesterday I had headphones listening session on my Topping D10 + JDS Labs Atom. I had the gain button on my amp off. I have a "well-sounding" (pun intended) EQed DT770 for comparison. I also have DBR-62 speakers that I use on a daily basis as a reference. I tried it with and without EQ. Apart...
  11. T

Adding 2 passive subwoofers to my audio setup

I want to add 2 Monolith 10" THX subs to my current setup or rather I should say - change/replace my setup in a way that it's possible. Don't worry about retiring the DAC and amp - I will need them for my parents' PC soon anyway. Within a year I'm also buying a TV, so I would like the speakers...
  12. T

Fosi Audio TB10D Amplifier Review

With the measured high-frequency THD+N, their claims have a solid basis. Ayima is still the uncontested budget stereo amp king.
  13. T

Subwoofer Comparison

You mean 999€? Edit - they have a 799€ promo price again atm. https://www.monoprice.eu/products/monolith-by-monoprice-12in-thx-ultra-certified-500-watt-powered-subwoofer?_pos=2&_sid=f756de0a7&_ss=r Monolith 10in Select is no longer available and replaced by v2 which is 800€ instead of 600€...
  14. T

SMSL DA-6 Stereo Amplifier Review

Very unbalanced channels and overall performance not even close to Aiyima:
  15. T

Subwoofer Comparison

Apart from more pronounced 16-40Hz, the Monoprice has a flatter frequency response above this range. More output doesn't mean better.
Top Bottom