Recent content by Taddpole

1. T

Why I am unable to hear any difference between these DACs?

Aren't we at the point where it's all just I can hear with my magic ears, no you can't, yes I can, no you can't, yes I can. Seems the thread is descending into pointlessness.
  2. T

Denon X3700H or Marantz SR6015?

Suspect they've made their choice in the fifteen months since asking. Can't work out why you didn't return it. Seems semi functional at best. Though suspect many of the issues you have would be same in the Denon as they have far more in common than different.
  3. T

System costs... How much do you have invested in your primary music system?

Invested is an interesting choice of term.
  4. T

RCA versus Coax , explain me that ....

It is unclear whether you passed the audio through the switch box or just the cable
  5. T

Denon DRA-800H Review (Stereo Receiver)

Tbh I think that's more the lack of chips than decision on their part.
  6. T

Loxjie D30 discontinued?

Another impacted by the akm fire I guess
  7. T

Primephonic Becoming Apple Music: Alternatives?

Well that may be less of issue next year "Apple Music plans to launch a dedicated classical music app next year combining Primephonic’s classical user interface that fans have grown to love with more added features."
  8. T

Bluesound Node Review (Streamer)

Judging by the rush to defend it by purchasers they don't have to worry about making a better version any time soon.
  9. T

Apple Music iPhone EQ Measurements

Suspect it would be similar to the iPod ones https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/complete-ipod-nano-7g-eq-presets-frequency-response-measurements.25415/
  10. T

Dongle Dac to Stereo Amp and Speaker

Too many unknowns to postulate. What counts as hot Which onkyo Does it do it with other inputs You didn't answer if it's well ventilated
  11. T

Master "deals" (massdrop, ebay, Amazon, etc.) Thread on Audio Product Sales

Only things I can find on a search are people moaning that they didn't do a black friday deal last year and further back that 2019 they seemed to choose that time to raise the price from 499 to 699. Sales don't seem to be their thing.
  12. T

Scratching my head - getting Apple music to HiFi

Are you running it from micro SD, was reading that Android doesn't run well from that. Might be worth trying from USB drive if you have one lying around. Pity that USB sound didn't work as that's listed as being working. Oh well
  13. T

Apple lossless official announcement

https://9to5mac.com/2021/01/14/apple-working-to-release-music-and-podcasts-apps-on-microsoft-store/amp/
  14. T

Apple lossless official announcement

Didn't think chromecast could do ALAC and that's what apple streams isn't it?
  15. T

Are there any speakers that output sound essentially indistinguishable from a live performance?

Demonstrates that you'd need to play it next door? Or more reasonably that they have a different hearing range to us and not the one we record and playback.
Top Bottom