Recent content by ta240

1. ta240

A Call For Humor!

My wife when I make a turn.
  2. ta240

A Call For Humor!

It reminds me of this one: Just don't forget to include "ceiling fans" when you google it.....
  3. ta240

If more speakers don't help, why do cars have so many speakers?

Isn't part of the benefit with car audio that the system was designed specifically for that space? No manufacture of speakers, amps, surround decoders or even room correction software are going to have the detailed information about your home space that they have when designing a car system.
  4. ta240

Andrew Jones MoFi Speakers

The error is on the Mofi site :)
  5. ta240

MoFi Sourcepoint 8 measured by ErinsAudioCorner

Crutchfield has them for $2200 with the stands https://www.crutchfield.com/p_700SP8WL/MoFi-Electronics-SourcePoint-8-Speakers-Satin-Walnut.html Must.... not.... push.... the.... submit order... button
  6. ta240

Andrew Jones MoFi Speakers

They sure look deeper but I guess it is just the camara angle in that picture. The pictures on their site don't look as deep. Which is right there with Wolf's estimate but it is funny that unless I'm reading it wrong, that says they are 16.1" high and 42.1" deep.
  7. ta240

Legal fund for Reviewers/Erin?

I wonder if he is introspective enough to see the error or if everything that has transpired is someone else's fault. A guy I used to work with had a piece of paper taped to the edge of his computer screen that basically said "You can't always control what happens, but you can control how you...
  8. ta240

Paid reviewers

I think for the most part it has. If something is said with the right conviction and authority a lot of people people tend to believe it. If it is someone they already think is smart, then it makes it that much easier to believe. Ironically, having nearly all the information that exists in...
  9. ta240

Netflix subtitles

I did some more research and there were some claims that the distributor can turn them on or off. I'm not sure if that is true or not. And if it is true why Netflix doesn't make sure it is on. Someone posted the first 10 minutes of the Anna movie on Youtube and it has the subtitles in the...
  10. ta240

Netflix subtitles

I must be missing a setting in Netflix. When watching an English movie that has sections with a foreign language the only way I can get subtitles for those sections is to turn on the closed captioning ones. And then not only does it caption the sounds it just keeps going when they are speaking...
  11. ta240

Tekton M-Lore Speaker Review

I often see people mocking companies for defending their trademarks in situations that they see as silly; due to no understanding of what you just stated. It can make big companies seem petty but the alternative isn't good either. The comments usually are something like: "Nobody is going to...
  12. ta240

Paid reviewers

That was my point, there is already an understood conflict of interest that is generally accepted, so does that make it okay going to the extreme? We joke about the youtube 'reviews' actually being more like infomercials but if someone is collecting a paycheck to do the video it really is an...
  13. ta240

Paid reviewers

I guess I wrote that line wrong. I'm not saying that disclosing is the problem, I'm saying that being paid is the problem. Most people at Axpona that are excited about a product just do a video saying they are excited about it. I'm curious how the conversation turned to "Hey, your product is...
  14. ta240

Paid reviewers

It was brought up in another thread about reviewers getting paid to do reviews and I'm curious how many people think that a reviewer can still be impartial when they are paid to do that specific 'review'. A video by a 'reviewer' with with a title that includes "speakers stole the show" about...
  15. ta240

Tech Reviewer: Do Bad Reviews Kill Companies?

It is a tough area. Which comes first the bad review or the company suffering? It can happen either way. Is the product truly bad or are its faults just being over highlighted? How many people have thought their audio product was good and were happy with it until they saw the review of it...
Top Bottom