Recent content by ta240

1. ta240

Speaker Sensitivity: Advertised vs Measured

That makes sense. It is funny I've been to Rythmik's site several times but the Ascend site is setup just a bit better so it was much easier to scan and find what interested me out of their available products.
  2. ta240

Speaker Sensitivity: Advertised vs Measured

I do love companies that are quick to respond to questions. But now I'm looking at Ascend's subwoofers and I don't need any more subwoofers. I like Sony's response. I can imagine their support people asking each other "what are they asking for?" "I have no idea, just tell them we don't give...
  3. ta240

Q Acoustics 3020i Bookshelf Speaker Review

That makes sense on the expense and I often forget just how loud a lot of people listen to their music.
  4. ta240

Q Acoustics 3020i Bookshelf Speaker Review

Would it be difficult for the companies to build a high pass like that into the crossover? I haven't seen any hardware high-pass filters below 80 Hz so I'm not sure if the components get too big or costly if they move it lower; otherwise it would make sense with a speaker that lists its bottom...
  5. ta240

Logitech Media Server etc...

Slim Devices was a company that was just a bit too far ahead of its time and it was possibly still a bit too soon when Logitech bought them out in 2006. Logitech went in the direction of lower end products towards the end that didn't catch on only to have Sonos come out years later with...
  6. ta240

IOTAVX SA3 Stereo Amplifier Review

That is rarely a good sign.
  7. ta240

Denon AVR-X4700 AVR Review (Updated)

I have the opposite effect on places. ;)
  8. ta240

Which TPA3255 amp do you recommend?

I got the exact same amp and had the same issue. I parked it because of that.
  9. ta240

"Do Audiophile Cables Matter? Here's PROOF!" by Danny Richie

Without electra cable tube-connectors it is all worthless ;) Seriously though wouldn't background noise in most rooms be higher than the noise floor in most people's systems? They are selling fancy cables to people with few if any room treatments and claiming they will hear a difference...
  10. ta240

Small budget first sub recommendation Yamaha vs Jamo

He's found his niche and he moves a lot of product but I don't even try to watch the videos anymore and it is hard to take the 'reviews' seriously.
  11. ta240

Klipsch RP-600M Speaker Review

My guess is a combination of several factors. What reviewer/infomercial host would want to piss of Klipsch by saying I don't like these? Also one of the key things that is often mentioned in subjective reviews is "I heard things I'd never heard before" If some frequencies are boosted and...
  12. ta240

PS Audio PerfectWave AC-5 Power Cable 1.5 Meter 1.5m 5ft cord USA 120v

Are they shopping for a cord or just pimping an ebay listing? The user has 3 pages of posts that are each nothing but a title and a link to an ebay sale. No question or any other information at all in any of them.
  13. ta240

Build of gr-research X-LS Encore

I'm not sure that describes the average person building, what is likely, their first DIY speaker. Maybe they should have some prerequisite classes in electroacustics... that are required before purchasing. If lining is really required then it might be good to make a fairly simple change in...
  14. ta240

Jamo S807 Floorstanding Speakers Review

A lot of them are more infomercial than review. The key is if you finish the video thinking "that is amazing, I really need one of those" it was an infomercial.
Top Bottom