Recent content by T.M.Noble

1. T.M.Noble

Schiit IEMagni Review (Headphone Amplifier)

YOU may very well indeed pay for that product. Tricky part about creating and marketing products is finding a balance between performance, price and aesthetics. Each customer values these metrics differently and thus arrives at a multiplicity of differing conclusions. What I can tell you is we...
  2. T.M.Noble

Schiit IEMagni Review (Headphone Amplifier)

Good eye. The knob is new and replaced the shell knob for a black anodized machined aluminum upgrade. Larger price tag, more refinement.
  3. T.M.Noble

Schiit Asgard 3 Headphone Amp & DAC

Just went to Crutchfield and put in an order for some Grado headphones and at the payment portion of the checkout, they charged sales tax both for our California location and our Texas location. Again, sales tax depends on location and sales volume for that state as well as whether the state is...
  4. T.M.Noble

Well a couple things here: Comparing other sellers, including amazon, is not a fair example. Marketplaces, depending on the state, report their own sales taxes for sales and have different nexus requirements than our website. An individual seller may not have sold the quantity or dollar amount...
  5. T.M.Noble

I would be happy to say a few words: Build quality: The vast majority of our boards come from a local ISO9001 certified electronics manufacturer. We are constantly in contact with them and always trying to improve the population of our boards to reduce in field failures to a minimum. QC: Every...
  6. T.M.Noble

Can you elaborate on the "fees" you were charged? We charge for shipping and if we have a nexus in every state that collects sales tax, thanks to South Dakota v Wayfair, we have to collect sales tax.
  7. T.M.Noble

Schiit's Jason Stoddard on blind testing

I mean, you aren't wrong. I tend to tell people the big units are rather garish and unnecessary. You would be amazed how often they do not take the advice. Big and shiny usually win out.
  8. T.M.Noble

There has definitely been a trend to make our products friendlier to all audiophiles, no matter their position on subjectivity/objectivity. Moving forward, not matter the topology, you will see that Schiit products will be measuring better and better. Stay tuned.
  9. T.M.Noble

Well, as I said, comparing the products we produced almost 5 years ago to our current product line is anachronistic in my view. the point is still taken. We have made mistakes in the past and we have learned from those mistakes. I do disagree with the presupposition that a competing product is...
  10. T.M.Noble

I am sorry to hear that you had a bad experience. We definitely have come a long way since then . We are always trying to improve our products and I think our current line is an example of that progress. You clearly still have a bad taste in your mouth from your previous purchase, something I...
  11. T.M.Noble

Schiit Modi 3+ Review (Stereo DAC)

Our ethos is to attempt to make the best product we can make while also supporting local businesses. The risk with Chinese goods often isn't the quality. For example, a Chinese company does our machined knobs. They do fantastic work. Better than most machinists I have found in the US actually...
  12. T.M.Noble

We certainly could. I have generally sent in units people were interested in for this forum. Jot 2 is an awesome amp and if people are interested in the review, I would be happy to oblige them.
  13. T.M.Noble

Schiit Magnius Balanced Headphone Amp Review

I will forward the recommendation to the big guy.
  14. T.M.Noble

Will you send me a private message with your name and order info? I would love to look this up and get this corrected for you.
  15. T.M.Noble

If your product failed and needs to be returned, we do not charge any customer for shipping the product back for replacement. If you are in the US we send you a shipping label and if you are outside the US, the expense you pay to send it to us will be reimbursed. Please let me know if that is...
Top Bottom