Recent content by T.M.Noble

1. T.M.Noble

Schiit Magni Heretic Headphone Amp Review

You mentioned the discrete Magni's failed as well, drawing the comparison between the op amps and a discrete amp. I gave a distinction that has a unique drawback, that op amps are sensitive to ESD. We have built tested and serviced hundreds of thousands of different units in varying...
  2. T.M.Noble

You are putting quite a few words in my mouth. Perhaps a slightly more charitable understanding of what I said is reasonable. I never said ESD was the culprit, I said op amps are sensitive to ESD. Second, the failure rate for both of these headphones amps are negligible, considering we manage...
  3. T.M.Noble

The product is safe. It is rare but they can fail, like any product. I don't know a company that could assure you of any product that could not fail.
  4. T.M.Noble

Not nearly at the same rate. Those op amps are very sensitive to ESD.
  5. T.M.Noble

Op amps. The gift that keeps on giving.
  6. T.M.Noble

Yes, of course it is safe. During our testing we saw areas that we could improve so we did. That was also part of the negative gains setting. IEM's are sensitive and using a Heretic is like drinking from a waterfall.
  7. T.M.Noble

Similar measurements and power. Heretic has a negative gain for IEM's and a more robust protection system to protect your headphones. It also has the new style chassis as well if that does it for you with a milled aluminum knob.
  8. T.M.Noble

Schiit Skoll Balanced Phono Stage Review

Lack of remote was absolutely my fault. I rushed these out to Amir. Apologies everyone.
  9. T.M.Noble

Schiit KARA Preamp and Headphone Amp Review

Schiitr meets are fun. I recommend it if anyone can go.
  10. T.M.Noble

Sorry, but no. The mute kicks in when switching gain settings. This is designed to protect the system and stabilize before unmuting.
  11. T.M.Noble

The a big pre-amp for near field. I commend you. To be clear: this is only occurring when you adjust volume and not at all times, correct? If it was happening while listening and not adjusting the volume I would recommend you RA the unit and we get you fixed. However, if this is something...
  12. T.M.Noble

Through my own subjective use of our products, I have never found this to be a big issue. But that's me. Disconcerting is an interesting word. What exactly do you fear will happen? Or is this more of an annoyance? Just curious about your experience and opinion.
  13. T.M.Noble

New Schiit SYN - Analog Surround Sound Processor

That's kind of the idea. There is some legitimate science behind what we are doing with Midgard so we are giving it out to those who have the ability to test the unit and see if we get interesting results. A bit of marketing with some fun engineering.
  14. T.M.Noble

Glad to hear I have been of some help to this community. All the Schiit talking aside, we enjoy what we do and we are constantly trying to bring great products to your door at reasonable prices. Stay tuned, more to come.
  15. T.M.Noble

Jason forwarded these for more clarification: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logarithmic_resistor_ladder http://www.vaneijndhoven.net/jos/attenuator-calculator/index.html I have some reading to do.
Top Bottom