Recent content by Svperstar

1. Svperstar

Any trustworthy site show the best measuring estat amp?

So I have 3 estat amps right now. 2 of them are considered "entry level". The other is basically "mid ranged". I know we can argue back and forth all day about if you can hear any difference between entry level and crazy expensive high end, I'm just curious if anyone knows good measurements of...
  2. Svperstar

Stax SR-009S Electrostatic Headphone Review

With different energizers, like a Carbon, KGSSHV, 717, T1S....
  3. Svperstar

Pro. It's not a bad little amp just be wary of it's limits. When at high volume with EQ on compressed sounds, like badly encoded YouTube videos will make it shut off for a second. Note I was unable to get it to shut off listening to music. I wish Schiit would come out with an estat amp.
  4. Svperstar

I hear a difference between the 717 and the T1S, it actually might just be in my head but there is something about the Topping EHA5 and the CRBN, it adds like a "sizzle" too the sound signature its hard to describe what I mean. It would be cool if someone would hook up an estat to a...
  5. Svperstar

My year end bonus was bigger then I thought it was going to be so I have been thinking of going full crazy and getting a Carbon CC. They are $6900 + shipping. I worry I won't hear any difference between it and my Stax 717.
  6. Svperstar

Electrostatic Headphone Amplifier Review & Comparison

Thanks for the post, but the "stator to stator" voltage swing and maximum output voltage listed by Stax aren't an apples to apples stat. I'm not an EE so don't ask me to explain exactly how they compare. I use Equalizer APO with my 007 and CRBN and it doesn't distort but I'm curious how it...
  7. Svperstar

Electrostatic Headphone Amplifier Review & Comparison

What did you think? I currently own a 717, listening too it now, I was thinking of getting a Carbon or something else end game. Did the Carbon sound any better then the 717?
  8. Svperstar

TOPPING EHA5

I just realized looking at the specs that there is higher gain on the single ended RCA then the balanced XLR.........does that mean the amp will be louder if you use the RCA connection? I just assumed XLR would be louder, anyone tested this?
  9. Svperstar

HD600 vs HD650

Personally I didn't hear much difference between grilles and no grilles
  10. Svperstar

HD600 vs HD650

I wonder if these grilles make any difference in measurements? I got some for my 580 a year ago or so, they claim with how dense the 580s grilles are it really helps: https://store.malvix.com/products/custom-sennheiser-replacement-grilles?variant=41070288928951
  11. Svperstar

HD600 vs HD650

I remember reading the 650 would get better and better with more expensive amps, but the 580 was limited in some way. I own both these days and for sure see them as "different but equal" I don't hear anything in the 650 that makes it this massive improvement, people on eBay agree as the 580 can...
  12. Svperstar

HD600 vs HD650

Back in 2003/04 when I got into this hobby you would have been seen as I'll informed or jealous if you said the 580 was the same or better then the 650. Funny how things change.
  13. Svperstar

TOPPING EHA5

I thought about returning mine to Amazon but I got it used at a pretty substantial discount, nice backup for my 717. I don't really hear a difference but the Topping shutting itself off is too bad, I was unable to get it to shut off with music, just with YouTube videos with weird sounds and a...
  14. Svperstar

I also have the 007 2.9, I almost got a used DCA Corina but the owner described it as darker then the CRBN, I love Audeze and the earcups are bigger so I went with the CRBN based off that.
  15. Svperstar

New Sennheiser HD490 Pro

I love my 580 with custom 3d printed grilles, wearing them now
Top Bottom