Recent content by SuperValue

1. SuperValue

Audeze LCD-X Over Ear Open Back Headphone Review

I'm no expert but far but AFAIK, as a general rule, planars in headphones will distort bass less than dynamic drivers. Though keep in mind the better the dynamic driver, the lower the distortion. Distortion going up as the frequency goes down is true even in speakers, look at distortion in...
  2. SuperValue

Review and Measurements of Project Polaris HP Amp

Sorry about the thread resurrection, I just bought this amp and it's fantastic so far. Out of curiosity, if I set the output impedence to the 120 ohm setting, is that in effect, emulating an OTL tube amp? Or is there something else going on in amps like the Bottlehead?
  3. SuperValue

budget analog mixers, any measurements of their effect ?

Ah interesting, did you teardown one of those devices? Not sure how easy it would be to do that with the Yamaha, also not much free time these days with young kids. The specs state 24/192khz so definitely some other chip. I didn't know unified USB/DAC chips like that existed but that does...
  4. SuperValue

Very interesting writeup there. I'll have to read through both. The Behringer Q1002USB or Q1202USB was my other choice. Without any hard measurements, I was basically hoping the Yamaha name would be good enough. What really would be interesting would be how the internal DAC measures. I have...
  5. SuperValue

Howdy all, Long time listening, first time caller. I'm a fan and have read many of the reviews here, this is my go to page for audio stuff, along with other objective based audio sites like Audioholics, Hydrogen Audio, Solderdude's site etc etc. So here's my question. I route my audio...
Top Bottom