Recent content by Superdad

1. Superdad

TOPPING HS02 coming

Dang! If I has thought of it 13 years ago I would have named our company KissAudio. ;) (Surprised that name--and the web domain name--is not already taken.)
  2. Superdad

TOPPING HS02 coming

The Intonas operate completely differently than the ADuM4166. From the ADuM4166 datasheet: Upstream and Downstream Upstream and downstream refer to the directions of the data flow on the bus. Upstream means toward the higher tiers of the USB device hierarchy (closer to the USB host atop the...
  3. Superdad

TOPPING HS02 coming

Hi Sergy: Sorry, but for various reasons ASR is really not the place to discuss my opinions on either the ADuM4166 or TI ISOUSB211 chips or the commercial implementations of it by various audio firms. That said, I can tell you that we have evaluated both of these new chips and find that better...
  4. Superdad

TOPPING HS02 coming

Well the Analog Devices ADuM4166 isolator they are using already enumerates as a USB hub (that’s why the chip requires a clock). Other USB isolators, such as the new Texas Instruments ISOUSB211 and the no longer available Silanna ICE08USB that we used in a product, are just the isolator—with the...
  5. Superdad

then it has arrived analog device adum 4165/4166

No, the ADuM4165/4166 is not base on opto-isolators at all. Their iCoupler technology is just high bandwidth on-chip transformers and CMOS circuitry. Developed nearly 20 years ago. The sad part is that that the ADuM4165/4166 enumerates as another USB hub in the chain (and thus also requires a...
  6. Superdad

HDMI I2S Roon compatible streamer

That's just the stuff written for the reseller websites--by Tim Connor and Jeff Zhu. Mistakes happen. Better to believe the very clear distinction on the specification table in your DAC's official Owner's Manual. ;) I personally know the folks who maintain that database--and I can assure you...
  7. Superdad

Looks like the issue is with your DAC. It is very clear from the Owners Manual of both Spring 3 and May that their I2S inputs support only "native" DSD and not DoP. :rolleyes:
  8. Superdad

Since you continue to be nasty about this towards me--on this forum and elsewhere--when I was just trying to help you out, I bought another microSD card (my others were bad), made a Volumio image ran the following test: This is Volumio running on a Pi2Design (V1; only thing making it "beta"...
  9. Superdad

Try turning off the PLL in your Spring 3. Pi2Design Mercury (V1) plays DSD (over DoP) via I2S just fine into my Holo Spring. I do so every day of the week.
  10. Superdad

That SMSL does support DSD but it is just USB 'C' input. The OP is looking for a Roon-ready streamer, i.e. Ethernet input.
  11. Superdad

Most ridiculous speaker design ever?

For those here old enough: This is the Portnoy's Complaint... ;)
  12. Superdad

Yes, it has both Bluetooth and 5GHz WiFi built in.
  13. Superdad

It comes with Volumio--for which there is an easy plug-in download for Roon. It can run any Linux-based Raspberry Pi OS, and several of those are great as RoonBridge endpoints. Ropiee (https://ropieee.org) is a great example of a popular, ready-to-go RoonBridge Linux image.
  14. Superdad

As sharp as Steve Nugent (Empirical Audio) is, that box is $3,000–and still requires the addition of the $300 Sonore UPnP Bridge to become a Roon endpoin. The Pi2Design Mercury streamer I recommended is just as advanced—and costs only $500. (Frankly I do not see how, after factoring in support...
  15. Superdad

This one ticks all the boxes for you. https://www.pi2design.com/mercury-streamer.html I have a beta unit which works and sounds great. Running I2S into a Holo Spring L3 DAC.
Top Bottom