Recent content by StratsoundFan

1. S

A dillema

I've been listening to rock and classical music on my PC, but this time I maxed the volume on both PC and audio interface. I am listening with my Beyerdynamic DT 990 PRO 250 ohms, Topping is connected to Audient's line outs. Before, I had to have Topping set to high gain with the volume knob at...
  2. S

A dillema

Audient id4 mkii
  3. S

A dillema

Sorry, but I'm not sure I'm following you. I don't have a CD player. I was just curious to hear an opinion from someone who knows more about this stuff than I do.
  4. S

A dillema

@amirm, if I understand you correctly, The volume should be maxed on my audio interface when the headphone amp is connected to line outs!? If this is the case, then it's no wonder I was not impressed by the power of my Topping l30 ii. I've always had the volime knob at around 60% on my interface.
  5. S

A dillema

The following is a qoute from a poster on another forum: "You d'have to use the line out of your Interface, as the headphone amp would already "amp" the signal thus ruining the signal path for the dedicated amp. The Volume of the Dac/ Interface should always be on full as well as the actual...
  6. S

Topping L30 II Review (Headphone Amp)

We've discussed this briefly here. You can look it up. I don't use a separate DAC. I connect the amp either to the headphone out, or line out on my audio interface. I also tested headphone out on my laptop once or twice.
  7. S

@Tommyuk1977 I set the volume knob at 2 o'clock on high setting when I use my 990 pro 250 ohms, so there isn't that much headroom left.
  8. S

You're not deaf. With my Roland rh a-30 40 ohms, I have to set the volume knob at around 1 o'clock on medium gain. With Beyrdynamic dt 990 pro 240 ohms, I have to set it at 2 o' clock on hi gain. I honestly can't imagine this amp being capable of driving some more demanding headphones. It's...
  9. S

Ok. Thanks. I see those are 150 ohms. When I'm using my dt 990 pro 250 ohms, I have to set the volume knob at 2 o'clock on high setting. I just wanted to make a comparison
  10. S

@Jayzqa do you get the same amount og power from Topping L30 ii without using the DAC? Which Sennheiser do you have?
  11. S

UPDATE: this time i tried connecting Topping L30 II through line outs of Audient id4 mkii, and while the sound is clean and transaparent, I needed to crank up the volume even more to get it to comfortable listening levels. There has to be something wrong with my unit. This thing, based on specs...
  12. S

@Vini darko I have the volume set at -8 db on the audio interface itself, which should be sufficient. Here is my signal chain. Guitar>Audient id4 mk ii, DI input gain @ 2 o' clock, Volume @ -8 db> PC> back to audio interface>headphone out>headphones. I can't have both -18 db, and full volume at...
  13. S

@TK750 , there is no way I'm using device incorrectly ( within the boundaries of my own setup, of course). I mean, powering and connecting a headphone amp to an audio interface is not really a rocket science. Regarding feeding it 2V via RCA, what do you mean by that? How do I do it with my setup!?
  14. S

FWIW, in terms of sheer power/loudness, the headphone out on my Axe fx ii, which is a guitar processor, leaves both of these amps in the dust. I seriously never go past 12 o' clock on that amp when using Beyer dt-990 pro. Most of the time I have the volume knob between 9 and 11 o' clock...
Top Bottom