Recent content by Stoo

1. S

KEF Q350 Speaker Review

still leaves a question whether the raw driver has inherent problem of rubber surround's resonance, which would naturally limit maximum improvement possible to achieve via other means like upgrading cabinets and crossover filter.
  2. S

KEF Q350 Speaker Review

Wonder if someone tested the raw driver from Q350.. the response dip around 1 kHz with corresponding burst of HD could be the surround resonance, in which case it is unfortunately very difficult to treat and trying to fill the response dip with EQ boost would increase HD in this frequency even...
  3. S

" Half- MUON" DIY SOTA-wannabe KEF coax based

Whilst such distance still works OK for bass, but for upper bass/lower midrange that could be problematic placement in case of narrow baffle speakers due to early reflections and comb filtering. Nonetheless it is probably possible to make it work to one's satisfaction (because this is how most...
  4. S

Placing woofer and and mid/hi into same enclosure is not the goal in itself. Maybe my sketch was misleading as it was based on LS50 put on the side and integrated into a bigger cabinet.. But since there is possibility to buy KEF raw drivers from https://setelec-shop.fr/ this gives a lot more...
  5. S

Thanks a lot, that's a "goldmine"! Really makes my project a lot easier(more affordable) but also gives it a different angle
  6. S

I don't doubt it's competence but it's still fabric, buit couple speakers with Scan-Speak D2608/913000 which has apparently low distortion and good reviews and wide usage (incl. from i.e. Troels Gravesen).. I tried in baffles of various size/shape even in waveguide, various crossover...
  7. S

Thanks for pointing out the other thread I missed it in my read-thru this forum, it gives a lot of valuable "food for thought". Of course adding sub to almost any small/medium speaker (incl. KEF) makes them better.. but it is not what i am trying to do here: The mentioned SB 34cm driver (two...
  8. S

To me SICA inherent downside if fabric dome.. I had tried quite a few different speakers and always ended up preferring hard dome tweeters. Also various KEF speaekrs are available in stores here (Dubai) so it is possible to get good enough idea on the kind of sound you gonna get building up on...
  9. S

OK, its rather quarter than half Muon.. and still not quite. But conceptually design layout would be smth like this (ignore the colours of the bigger cabinet):
  10. S

Excuse me if it would be partial repetition from other posts because KEF speakers get discussed here quite extensively but it seems this essence of my question is different and not specifically discussed anywhere. Basically I am looking at building a DIY system functionally similar to KEF LS60...
Top Bottom