Recent content by Stereoguy

1. S

Eversolo A6 vs Wiim pro+ with ext Dac?

Hi: Thinking the Topping would be a upgrade overall...if not then would not bother....would be using the analog inputs to use the Topping Velvlet dac.Thanks!!
  2. S

Eversolo A6 vs Wiim pro+ with ext Dac?

Hi trying to decide which is better for my set up...Speakers are Paradigm premier 800's with a c-600 center...Polk surrounds,Marantz Cinema 40.....music streaming Apple Music or tidal(still trying to decide...any input would be appreciated!!). the dac i am thinking of is the topping velvet 70 if...
  3. S

Eversolo DMP-A6 Streamer Review

Hi: I am thinking of getting the Eversolo DMP-A6...but have a question about it's internal DAC....would it be considered to be a mid tier one or upper end???please give examples!!Thanks:)
  4. S

Music Streamer?

Hi: Trying to decide between buying a Eversolo streamer or buying a Wiim pro & using a outboard dac with it?Using a Marantz C40 with Paradigm premier 800's & C600 center channel If going with the Wiim pro what dac should I consider?Thanks!!
  5. S

Dirac vs Audyssey 32xt(X ver on PC)?

Thanks folks for all the useful info!!!!My room is untreated tho has carpet walls other then pics, sofa & loveseat etc hanging on most walls ....but official room treatments no,Also I have only 1 subwoofer & room doesn't allow 4 another one....so from read here loos like Dirac is a bit better...
  6. S

Dirac vs Audyssey 32xt(X ver on PC)?

Hi: Trying to decide which one to buy?Leaning towards Dirac full-bandwidth(proper name)? I am looking for a solution that is easy to set up & gets most things "right" at the begining...not agaiast tweakng but at 62 not in the mood to spend hrs at tweaking!!!LOL). I own a Marantz Cinema 40 &...
  7. S

Which Marantz AVR & why?

Oops removed them getting as much info from various sites
  8. S

Which Marantz AVR & why?

Hi: I am trying to decide between either a 8015 or a cinema 40? for music & HT 50/50....looking at both of these it would seem the amp section & power supply is better in the 8015 overall but in most other area;s the newer model is better???My room is 2400 cubic ft over all(20 wide by 14 deep by...
  9. S

Turning a Nvidia Shield into a Hi-Rez Streamer?(using Plex)

Feeling a bit embarrassed:oops:.:facepalm:..so HDMI will carry a 24-192 signal???Also will use reg. Tidal thru the plex media server?What settings should I use as also using plex to stream movies(4K one's). Thanks for the help!!
  10. S

Turning a Nvidia Shield into a Hi-Rez Streamer?(using Plex)

This is a question on if either of these adapters will do what I want?Want to use one of my USB ports on my Pro (2019) to stream hi-rez music 24-192 files.Do either of the devices allow me to use the port (USB A) on the Nvidia and then run a coax cable to a digital input(Coax) on my Anthem...
  11. S

WiiM Mini Streamer

Just ordered a Wiim mini have a quick question regarding streaming my own music.Currently using plex media server with a Nvidia shield pro (2019) for my own tunes(most are in 24-192 how can I use the Wiim to stream my music?Sorry if this type of question has already been answered!!:)
  12. S

WiiM Mini Streamer

Hi: Any update on the pro version release date Oct or Nov. perhaps?.....very interested in one!!!Thanks!!
  13. S

Bluesound Node (130) vs Wiim mini?

Hi: Long time follower of this forum decided to join!:) So I am going to try a Wiim Mini(Or should wait for the pro ver. is it on the near horizon???) will run a toslink cable(is this the best way to go?). From the Wiim to the dac from the Dac to my AVR....question 1) What budget dac should I...
Top Bottom