Recent content by stemfencer

1. S

(Europe) Master Deals Thread on Audio Product Sales

I paid 1170/pair at Fnac about a month ago, so would go in store and see what they can do.
  2. S

(Europe) Master Deals Thread on Audio Product Sales

Try Australia. Europe is great, perhaps not as strong second hand market as over the pond, but just look up prices of Focal or Genelec over there and Europe does alright.
  3. S

Would the KRK Rokit RP5 G4 + Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen be a good combination for a budget entertainment setup?

Personally I would give them a shot, take advantage of Amazon 30 day return policy, before spending a lot of money on studio monitors. We can get a bit snobbish around here, but the Edifier are great kit for the price and for gaming movies etc do it will. Studio monitors are exactly that...
  4. S

Would the KRK Rokit RP5 G4 + Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen be a good combination for a budget entertainment setup?

I've formally had Edifiers, Focal Alpha 50s and currently Genelec 8030. I run these off a Motu M4. For just gaming, watching movies, listening to tunes at home, not it's not worth the cost (for the average person). They are professional products who need the absolute in speaker performance for...
  5. S

If you are just listening for 'enjoyment' I would recommend grabbing a sub. Don't ignore Edifier 2.1 set-ups. Grab one on Amazon and take advantage of their 30 day return, you might surprisedand come in around half what you're willing to spnd. Nothing wrong using an interface, but you are...
  6. S

are tower speakers necessary in 2022?

Towers look cool and make me happy, which in turn makes the music sound better. And take the same (plan view) footprint. Will be adding a sub anyway as I want to get to 20hz for some genres, so yes I could have achieved similar/identical technical performance with good 2way bookshelves for less...
  7. S

RME ADI-2/4 Pro SE

Ahh phantom power, good point. Back to the drawing board.
  8. S

RME ADI-2/4 Pro SE

Am I missing something here, that it's a full usb interface also? (EDit: could potentially have TotalMix etc as well) So this could be the unicorn hifi device that whipes out the UCX/UFX etc for those who only need a few channels of I/O?
  9. S

Audio Interface recommendations for guitar & high impedance headphones

Motu M4 (don't get the M2, want the mixer on front). Headphone output is fine, give it a try first, you will be surprised. If you have issues with headphone output, buy a Topping L50. Main output to your monitors so can use montior knob on M4 and line level outputs to L50 and use volume control...
  10. S

Anyone using their laptop as a desktop/main PC?

Most "regular" people I know use laptop as their main (and only) pc. It's only me and few friends which have less mainstream use cases go for the horsepower a desktop unit offers. Main discussion points are a) size/portability, b) price and c) top end performance. Laptops obviously more...
  11. S

Wow! Genelec GRADE looks amazingly useful

Perhaps should clarify this is for desktop set-up. Topping DS10 + REW + EquialiserAPO is $110 (and I recommend buying a beer or two for the developers who provide this software for free). If you want propriety software such a DIRAC, sure things change, but then may as well look at SAM. For...
  12. S

I'm not surely if I agree with his as general advice, as the price difference is not insignificant: 8030 set = ~€1100 8330 + SAM = ~€1800 That is a 65% premium for SAM or €700 at the 8x30 range. With that €700, I would argue majority of people (obviously situation dependant) would benefit...
  13. S

I went with Option #1 also. It's not plug-and-play but if done well you can achieve equivalent results for all practical (home) purposes. GLM has big advantage for a) convenience and b) less room to screw things up, but both can be mitigated with time and effort by yourself.
  14. S

Recommendation for first monitor speaker

JBL 305p then if your budget permits. Otherwise if are serious about mixing, may want to look at headphone route.
  15. S

Recommendation for first monitor speaker

Kali LP-6 exactly at 300 usd. JBL 305p or Kali LP-6 is the default recommendation around here. Suggest getting budget for one of those or sitting with some ore budget friendly Edifiers (personally are fine for general listening) - however if you are getting into mixing and production would...
Top Bottom