Recent content by stemag

1. S

A python script for CamillaDSP does not work when launched by an udev rule

A nice and thorough example. Thanks a lot.
  2. S

That seems interesting. Would yuo please elaborate a little? Thank you.
  3. S

I suspected something like this. thanks for the information.
  4. S

The python script looks something like this: #!/usr/bin/python3 import sys from camilladsp import CamillaConnection, CamillaError c = CamillaConnection("127.0.0.1", 1234) msg = "" try: c.connect() rate = c.get_capture_rate() print("Sample Rate = {}".format(rate)) except...
  5. S

My digital audio chain is as follows: piCorePlayer 8.2.0 RPi4 --> latest DiepPi running CamillaDSP on RPi4 --> USB DAC I use the following udev rule to launch a python script when the USB DAC becomes available (e.g. after switching from the optical input to the USB input): SUBSYSTEM=="usb"...
  6. S

Strange issue with my CamillaDSP gadget

The cases I ascertained to be unsuitable for the gadget mode are - Argon One V2 - Geekworm X-C1
  7. S

I verified that another well-known metal case also has the same problem I experienced (USB-C data pins non connected to the RPi board). I recommend that those who want to use the RPi4's USB-C port in gadget mode avoid cases that redirect the USB-C connector to the rear panel.
  8. S

SOLVED Looking for a reason why the gadget worked for a long time before the problem manifested itself, I realised what made the difference: I mounted the RPi4 in a metal case, which redirects the USB-C connector to the rear panel via an adapter board. By removing the case and detaching the...
  9. S

Just to take any possible problems with the piCorePlayer host out of the equation, I will connect the USB-C port of the gadget to a USB-A port on my Ubuntu server. I expect the server to detect the gadget and the corresponding track to be displayed by dmesg. Is this a right expectation?
  10. S

Having doubts, I powered the host with a very robust power supply, eliminated the splitter, and connected the host directly to the gadget with a USB-A/USB-C cable. This way the gadget is powered by the host. 'dmesg' does not report any undervoltage errors, neither in the gadget nor in the host...
  11. S

I tried that method, but no success. That's what I thought too. That's why I checked the splitter, and also replaced it with another (identical) one. No success.
  12. S

This one, purchased on AliExpress. Thank you.
  13. S

This message only appears after loading the g_audio module. I connected my smartphone to the RPi4 USB-C port (through the splitter), but it is was not recognized by the gadget. Please find attached the gadget initialization script (the extension was renamed to .txt as the .sh file could not be...
  14. S

FYI, there is a nice option for having piCorePlayer and CamillaDSP on the same RPi. Take a look at this SuperPlayer+SampleRateChanger. I use it on a Rpi3 with a DAC+headphone amp, and it works quite well.
Top Bottom