Recent content by starless

1. S

FS: Bluesound Speakers

I have 3 speakers and 1 battery pack for sale. Rather than listing separately I've listed them all here so if you are interested then please send a PM. Happy to discuss costs if you want to purchase more than one item. 1. Bluesound Pulse Mini 2. I have 1 of these available - looking for £175...
  2. S

FS: Raspberry Pi, HiFi Berry, External Hard Drives

I'm looking to dispose of various items. Rather than doing a separate topic for each one I thought I'd list them all here - so please PM if any or all are of interest. I am based in UK (Somerset). 1. Raspberry Pi 2, Model B, 1Gb - I have 2 of these for sale - £15 each. 2. Raspberry Pi 3, Model...
  3. S

For Sale : SHD, IOM / Hypex Amplifiers / Apple TV HD, Logitech Harmony Ultimate

SHD now sold (as well as IoM amps and Logitech Harmony). Intrestingly, advertised these on Roon forum and posted link on ASR and on miniDSP forum. All the enquiries - and consequent sales of course - came from ASR members :).
  4. S

It's not something I've tried but should be possible - mentioned in the Hyoex Documentation (Page 16): Hypex NC122MP
  5. S

Have been thinking about this. I'm undergoing a fair bit of medical treatment at the moment - have been fighting a rare blood cancer since 2012 - and have been told that I probably have a few months left - despite this I remain positive and already feel way better than I did a month ago when...
  6. S

Cost is for the pair. I might be willing to split if they don’t sell as a pair but, having only just put up the ad, I’d want to give it a few days to see if I can sell them as a pair before doing that. So, suggest that I wait until Tuesday (that gives the weekend) and, if not sold, then I’ll...
  7. S

Hi, I've got 4 things for sale. To save a bit of time I've also advertised them on the Roon forum and have, for now, just put links here. I am based in the UK. miniDSP SHD (includes UMIK 1). £850 + postage. miniDSP SHD IOM / Hypex Power Amplifiers (2 stereo power amps, use Hypex NC122MP...
  8. S

Review and Measurements of miniDSP SHD DAC, DSP And Streamer

Another issue can be with the length of the USB cable from SHD to computer. My measurement position is about 5 metres away from the SHD which is too far for the UMIK cable so I tried using a 5 metre USB cable from SHD to laptop. Connection as unreliable and even when it connected Dirac couldn't...
  9. S

Songs you use to determine if a system sounds good

https://cheskyrecords.bandcamp.com/album/ultimate-demonstration-disc-chesky-records-guide-to-critical-listening-2
  10. S

Best Room Response

I'm using a miniDSP SHD to integrate 2.2 system (2 main speakers, 2 subwoofers) and have found that doing correction in 3 stages works best. Stage 1 - Measure separately and work out best crossover - 12db? octave low pass and 24db/Octave in my case). Stage 2 - Equalise main and subwoofer...
  11. S

Is Roon player getting too bloated and buggy too???

https://live.dirac.com/download/ Looks like Dirac Live Processor for both Windows and MacOS is available for download.
  12. S

Sub and Mains to larger full-range speaker

In case you make the same mistake as I did, when exporting filters from REW don't set the equaliser to 'MiniDSP-96K' - that only allows for up to 5 filters. The SHD can use up to 10 filters per channel - the correct equaliser to use is 'MiniDSP 2x4 HD' - this allows for up to 10 filters and also...
Top Bottom