Recent content by Starcraft

1. S

Desktop option for dac/headphone amp

Thank you all!! I just saw the review on the EX5. Looks a bit dull but the sound is more important. Maybe I can stretch to the dx7. Would it make a noticable difference?
  2. S

Desktop option for dac/headphone amp

Hello Guys, I am looking for a sub500€ dac/amp for my desk. I have many portable ones but I need a good one just to stay still ;) Can anyone advise? No need for MQA or extra formats. Just good sound.
  3. S

Topping D90 Balanced USB DAC Review

I use Tidal and like the Tidal interface on my tablet. Does this d90 handle via BT the files correctly or do they get compressed before being sent?
  4. S

Review and Measurements of Topping DX3Pro DAC and Headphone Amp

Hello everyone, I have a D30 that I dont use anymore and need a desktop ou portable amp and dac for my headphones. Would it be better to go for this one or get just and amp? I
  5. S

Old system new living room

I am using an audiolab 8000s. It can be used as pré amp or power amp. My dac does not have volume...
  6. S

Review and Measurements of WesionTEK Khadas Tone Board DAC

Hello everyone, Just needed your help. I use two dacs with my pi3. IqAudio dac plus and a d30. Both are good. I tend to use more the iqaudio. I find the d30 too cold in my setup. 1st would the khadas be an upgrade? 2nd would the khadas need an coax connection or the usb used with the pi3 be...
  7. S

Speakers are the ma rx6. Budget would be 1 to 1.5k euros.
  8. S

Hi everyone, Last week I moved into a new house. My hifi was not in use due to room size and two kids. Now I have plenty of space. The room is 40 m2. 8x5 m. Speakers are on the 5m side. Door on the opposite. I feel the amp is not enough for the speakers. Question: get a power amp or other...
  9. S

SMSL A8

Indeed. Sorry for the mistake.
  10. S

SMSL A8

Well... I was looking for small and good amp that could have a good dac in it to drive my MA rx6 but, thaking this into consideration, I sould avoid it. Thank you.
  11. S

Bargain DAC Suggestions?

Mau I ask why the disapointment with the topping D30? It rocks almost every dac I have heard.
  12. S

Looking to choose a reliable/ easy to use desktop DAC.

Guys, Hi there. I just ordered a pair of headphones and if it goes well I intend to go for some more. I need a dac and amp or a one device solution. Already own a D30 in the living room stereo and it is great. Really great. So what would you recommend? Needs to be small and have optica...
  13. S

SMSL A8

Yeap...I wounder if the amp is good.
  14. S

SMSL A8

Dear friends, Has anyone head this dac/amp? Class D amp with some power on paper and double ak 4490 dac chips. Also has a headphone amp. Cost about em 600 euros. It is really small. I wounder if it handles big speakers...
Top Bottom