Recent content by StandardModel

1. S

Ubacch plugin vs full bacch4mac audiophile system

I've purchased just the Bacch software to run on a Mac. It came downloaded with no instructions (they have offered a "walkthrough"). I can't see exactly how and where the Mac is connected (input and output) to the rest of my system. I have a HiFi Rose RS 130 streamer connected to a U18 usb to...
  2. S

Eversolo DMP-A8 Announced

Full size (HiFi Rose) screen by Christmas? DMP-A9 $2,250?
  3. S

PHIREE U2S 2019 & Douk Audio U2 Review and Measurements (Digital USB to S/PDIF Interfaces)

I'm trying to connect my HiFi Rose 150B Streamer to an R26 r2r Gustard DAC via iiS. Each of these devices has a different connection Rose -DVI and Gustard HDMI. Also, the pin configurations for each device is not the same. These are their two pinouts below. Does the Duok Audio U2 allow for...
  4. S

Eversolo DMP-A6 Streamer Review

Yes, I was well aware that Eversolo won't play still pictures or video through HDMI. The question I had was whether Eversolo, when it plays through casting which it does indeed do, play vidoes not just still pictures?
  5. S

Do you know if the Eversolo will play video vs. just still art in its casting to a TV? The HiFi rose 250a I have will, but i'm not sure about the Eversolo.
  6. S

Thanks for that very specific and informative explanation. I have a further question. Zidoo, the parent of Eversolo is a well established company with a great depth of experience in the Streamer/DAC field. I'm not familiar with the "staying power" of Hi Fi Rose. As I understand it, Hi Fi Rose is...
  7. S

Thanks for the evaluation of the sound. It's just what I needed. How is the sound stage? Is it wide or narrow? I've looked on Hi Fi Rose's support site and there seem to be quite a few complaints about software glitches. Have you had substantial problems with the software? Are you generally...
  8. S

I probably will take that advice and go with the Hi Fi Rose. Can you tell me what I can expect will be the biggest improvement by stepping up to the Hi Fi Rose? i haven't heard either one.
  9. S

StandardModel said: I have a Cambridge CXN-2. CXN- 2 uses StreamMagic which is a poor service in terms of ease of use and the UI although it can access about 30,000 music URL's. I primarily listen to online music stations. I've tried to determine if among the "plugins" available for the Eversolo...
  10. S

EverSolo Z8 DAC & Amp Review

I have a Cambridge CXN-2. CXN- 2 uses StreamMagic which is a poor service in terms of ease of use and the UI although it can access about 30,000 music URL's. I primarily listen to online music stations. I've tried to determine if among the "plugins" available for the Eversolo DMP-6/8 is one...
  11. S

PecanPi - Next Generation Raspberry Pi DAC and Streamer

I'm a fan of pointless overkill.
  12. S

Well, you learn something every day. My XLR cables (Monoprice) connect pins 1 and 2 to the ring. Pin 3 (center) is the tip. There is no floating (unconnected) pin. My reading of a female XLR is that pin 3 is the center pin and pin 1 is to the left and pin 2 is to the right. As you look at the...
  13. S

I can't get a signal (sound) out of the XLR cables in the Pecan Pi. I can with the RCA connectors. I'm using XLR to RCA cables. Am I doing something wrong?
  14. S

Any chance the Pecan Pi will ship with the new Raspberry Pi 4? If so, will there be a cost change?
Top Bottom