Recent content by StandardModel

1. S

PecanPi - Next Generation Raspberry Pi DAC and Streamer

I'm a fan of pointless overkill.
  2. S

Well, you learn something every day. My XLR cables (Monoprice) connect pins 1 and 2 to the ring. Pin 3 (center) is the tip. There is no floating (unconnected) pin. My reading of a female XLR is that pin 3 is the center pin and pin 1 is to the left and pin 2 is to the right. As you look at the...
  3. S

I can't get a signal (sound) out of the XLR cables in the Pecan Pi. I can with the RCA connectors. I'm using XLR to RCA cables. Am I doing something wrong?
  4. S

Any chance the Pecan Pi will ship with the new Raspberry Pi 4? If so, will there be a cost change?
  5. S

Review and Measurements of Marantz AV8805 AV Processor

Here's my issue. I'm sure you are correct about the overall specifications, but at these prices and with their ad copy you would think they had built the audio holy grail. Obviously they built a "good enough"product for many consumers. The box if sold by the pound, may be fairly priced but based...
  6. S

Review and Measurements of Marantz AV8805 AV Processor

I'm the owner of a Marantz SR7011. Like everyone else who reads this, I'm really disappointed by the results I see in this test. Pretensions of excellence without delivering - "All hat and no cattle" as they say in Texas. So be it. My request is that you put up a bar chart like you have for DACs...
  7. S

So, it's somewhere between June and August? Will there be an earlier review on ASR?
  8. S

Seriously, I've signed up (and paid for) the new Pecan Pi DAC. Does anyone know when (or if) there will really be one delivered? I purchased it based on those glorious graphs which looked suspiciously like those from Audio Science Review. Am I correct about the source of the graphs (or even...
Top Bottom