Recent content by Staki

1. S

Who's Next remixed by Steven Wilson sounds really great!

Great tip! I also have the SHM-SACD edition and I completely agree with your opinion.
  2. S

NAD M23

If you don't have the time for a DBT, will you at least take the time to watch any of the videos available on the interwebs that demonstrate how expectation bias modulates our hearing? For me the BBC video about McGurk effect was the final nail in the coffin of audiophile myths. I can watch it...
  3. S

hegel h95 or Arcam SA30?

Honestly, I was thrown off by your question whether Dirac is worth it or not. In my experience, once you configure Dirac in your system, you don't ask that question anymore. Finally I was able to understand, even in my horrible room, what is this "imaging" that folks are talking about. The...
  4. S

hegel h95 or Arcam SA30?

NAD T778 is a more powerful amp than either SA30 or h95 and already has Dirac, so it seems to me you already have a one box solution for £0. What am I missing?
  5. S

Minidsp SHD Review Updated (DSP, DAC & Streamer)

Yep, I had DSP FAIL at first too, and I also tried to mess with it, which included reverting back to the old SHD plugin. I was later informed by MiniDSP that this is a no-no. Eventually ended up in a situation where the display was completely blank and unit unresponsive.
  6. S

A word of warning. I upgraded from earlier SHD plugin to Device Console and although I followed the instructions to the letter, I managed to brick the SHD completely. There is a bug and I was told that it is a corner case due to my specific configuration and an unusual sequence of events, but...
  7. S

Sure. That's how I'm using it. XLR output n and RCA output n are sent the same signal.
  8. S

Speaker recommendations

Thanks for all the feedback. Changing the LP as suggested would actually result in a pretty much the same situation, except that the right speaker would be closer than the left. My drawing is just inaccurate and led to the wrong impression. Also, behind that other sofa is not a wall, but a...
  9. S

Speaker recommendations

Hi folks, My current system is MiniDSP SHD + boxem NC252 power amp + Canton Vento 830.2 speakers + SVS SB2000 sub. Sources are Roon or turntable or TV. Layout of the room is roughly like this (distances are in meters). It is not a dedicated room and there are no acoustic treatments, but it is...
  10. S

Best Piano Recordings

This is really good.
  11. S

Reasonably priced streaming integrated with dsp

SHD Power does not have an analog input, so it does not check the "input for turntable" box. It would have to be a 3-box solution, phono preamp + SHD + power amp. But then you can be quite flexible with the power amp and choose from the range between NC122MP (which will still check all the...
  12. S

boXem ARTHUR 2408/N2 Review (Stereo Amplifier)

I'm happy to see @boXem | audio amp do well in the test. I own the 3409/N2 since about a year ago and it is fantastic, as others have said auto sense feature alone is worth the premium price, not to mention the exceptional build quality. Shopping on the site was one of the most pleasant online...
  13. S

Yes, it is working. But there are a couple of issues: 1. Play button on SHD remote does not work. 2. Putting SHD to sleep does not pause Roon stream.
  14. S

2.1 preamp

SHD Studio should not have been excluded, it fits your requirement spec very nicely. It was never reviewed by Amir, but SHD (full version) was and got very good marks. And SHD Studio is basically SHD minus DAC and analog input.
  15. S

FS: Teac NT-505, Rega Brio-R

A couple of items for sale: 1. Teac NT-505 DAC/Network player, Roon ready, bought in 2019: 750 EUR 2. Rega Brio-R integrated amp (2x50W/8ohm) with MM phono stage, bought in 2012: 250 EUR Both are in good condition and come with their respective remotes. I live in Brussels. Buyer pays shipping...
Top Bottom