Recent content by SSS

1. S

Tekton M-Lore Speaker Review

Followed partly the discussion. For me it is not really worthy since it is a mediocre old style loudspeaker with flaws and perhaps some goodies like any speaker in the world. Too much attention to this "speaker designer". Forget the speaker and the guy.
  2. S

Are you satisfied with your home Audio System?

Regarding room measurements I have the technical knowledge and equipment but hate the work needed because it will not be clear that I can get real improvement. So I skip this.
  3. S

Are you satisfied with your home Audio System?

Although I use very good equipment from the 1980ies the musical sound still very good. Since due to my age the hearing of beyond 12 kHz is dimmed no room EQ necessary. With big d'Appelito loudspeakers the bass is very natural. Power amp Crown with 2x 150 Watt is sufficient. Listen stored wav and...
  4. S

Spending big bucks on HiFi Audio

I am not convinced whether society does not accept hifi gear. It is just an assumption. Myself I invested in used hifi equipment where I got fair value at a reasonable price. New euipment so called hi-end is totally overpriced for what you get in sound quality. Well, it is a hobby and if...
  5. S

McIntosh Transformer causing noise in speakers while disconnected.

Interesting evaluation and charts. Hope that classG33 solved the noise issue by putting the McIntosh in a fair distance to the loudspeakers. It is known that the magnetic field from the mains transformer can be picked up by nearby speaker chassis. I had this at an Fender Combo guitar amplifier...
  6. S

Energy Transfer Question - Crossover and Amp - Vertical Biamping

The binding posts are such that one pair feeds the low-frequency section (basically the woofer). The other pair (both pairs NOT connected) feeds middle and treble chassis. There the internal crossover divides between mid and treble. You are right, even when an amplfier provides the full range...
  7. S

SO ... HOW do we measure soundstage???

No, I am not. My comment is only regarding natural crosstalk.
  8. S

The quality of playback systems are anyway limited and I do not monitor recordings. I listen for enjoying the music I like. And yes there may be flaws from my stereo setup with which I have to live with since I cannot afford a specific audio room.
  9. S

Nice scientific work. But for what is crosstalk cancellation good for? Mastering in the recording studio is mostly done with listening via loudspeakers and thus natural left/right crosstalk through the air.
  10. S

Tidal drops plus tier, includes it in the hifi tier for the same price

Amazon music did this some time ago. And there is a huge library of music recordings. When originally the quality was CD then there is no need to offer a higher resolution. If digitized from original analog master tape then higher resolution is preferable.
  11. S

Analog sound - in a digital world?

Watched the video and where I agree is that loud and impressive bass needs big speaker chassis like the M1 has or a big horn like Klipsch. Although it is way out of my financial reach. I don't like the small tiny speaker which cannot create real strong bass. On the electronics part of course...
  12. S

Technics SU-C01 beautiful circuit board - how to fix input selector

Great that you got it fixed without removing the switch.
  13. S

Can I be just nuts?

Loudspeakers do not give the same sound impression in the living room as in a sales studio. It is just the different room. When the sales studio like in Athen is highly damped by absorbers then almost no reflections and thus a more "sterile" sound impression. Reverb from a room gives at least...
  14. S

Technics SU-C01 beautiful circuit board - how to fix input selector

Isopropanol which I tried several times does not really work either on oxidized or corroded contacts. It can just only clean. To get reduction process the oxide there must be some more agressive chemicals. I agree that some contact spray like Contact 60 or similar does not help over time...
  15. S

does anyone listen to Taylor Swift? tell me what the draw is

After the Taylor Swift hype I listened to some of her songs. Well made and successful over long distance. But it is not my kind of music. But there must be many people who like it because she has so much money earned.
Top Bottom