Recent content by srslee

1. S

DAC + Amp Options for KEF Blade

I've heard good things about the Hegel + Blade combo, and would certainly want to compare one day as well.. I'm partial to room correction (semi-difficult room), so Hegel wasn't quite on my radar although the HT Bypass function is neat. Have you always paired the Blades with the H360, or have...
  2. S

Alternatives to Monolith HTP-1 for Dirac?

I'm waiting for inventory on HTP-1 to re-stock. As far as I can tell, especially if you want DLBC, I think the HTP-1 is one of the better value propositions out there. I run 2.2 right now on an integrated with DL, but would like LFE for movies + DLBC, and also would give me the option to add...
  3. S

Minidsp SHD Review Updated (DSP, DAC & Streamer)

Well, that definitely helped to clarify things in my head, including the decision to keep the M10. Think I'm set for now aka at least for a few days while I tinker with Dirac lol - big thanks again!!
  4. S

Wow, this is immensely helpful. Exactly what I was looking for (actually goes far beyond what I was looking for - I say this with gratitude). I was also considering the C658 before I bought the M10 v2, but one of the dealbreakers for me on the C658 was the max volume limit feature which is...
  5. S

Right, realized that it's USB-C - found the right one now, thanks for that. I do need stereo on the other end though if I want the McIntosh amp to light up haha. I saw that I need to run REW to set the crossover and delays for the sub prior to running Dirac (which I've done before with the 2x4...
  6. S

That's perfect and should work great for the family - much obliged!
  7. S

How do you have everything set up on the remote for powering the devices on/off? Separate buttons for each?
  8. S

Nice, that's good to hear. My amp trigger input receives signal from +5v to +12v, and requires stereo (for meter illumination), so I could just use something like this? https://www.amazon.com/dp/B099FFTVRN Anyone have luck with a Harmony remote using the SHD along with a TV?
  9. S

I'm not trying to boost volume, I'm trying to put a max volume limit in to protect the equipment in case of accidents as is prone to happen in a shared family room - what's the best way to do this? Good to know about the USB port..but as I understand it there's no way to switch the SHD off via...
  10. S

I'm currently having some issues with the NAD M10 v2 which I'm using with pre-outs to an external amp. It's in use in the main family living room area for mixed usage with the TV. So I'm strongly considering getting the MiniDSP SHD, but ease of usability once everything is setup is fairly...
  11. S

NAD M10 Streaming Amplifier Review

Welp, I guess it's time to buy a Harmony remote?
  12. S

NAD M10 Streaming Amplifier Review

Are you able to power on/off the M10 when you power on/off the TV? I'm trying to get CEC to work properly with the LG C1, and while the LG remote can control the volume on the M10 just fine, it just will not power on or down along with the TV.
  13. S

Chromecast Ultra And Chromecast with Google TV as Audio Streamers

So are you leaving the Chromecast source volume at max at all times, or are you also using it to control the volume levels that way? I ask because I'm planning to use the CC -> TV -> MiniDSP 2x4 HD -> Amp, and the MiniDSP doesn't have a volume display. I'll upgrade to another MiniDSP unit...
  14. S

Review and Measurements and miniDSP 2x4 HD DSP and DAC

I have a couple leftover pieces remaining that I'm looking to incorporate into a bedroom setup. They include the SMSL Sanskrit 10th MK II and MiniDSP DDRC-24. Could I do something like this? TV or RPi -> SMSL Sanskrit -> MiniDSP DDRC-24 -> Power Amp/Powered Subs. How much would the additional...
  15. S

NAD M33 Streaming Amplifier Review

Huh, that's interesting. I'm not using the M33 right now as I'm still waiting for delivery, but with the M10 v2 (with pre-outs to another amp), I can noticeably spot a difference in SPL (between DL off & curtains drawn together). I do have the full frequency version, but for now, prefer...
Top Bottom