Recent content by srrxr71

1. S

New Genelec 8341a speakers too revealing?? Any other recording studio mishaps that made it through to commercial release?

What’s interesting about the 8341s is that unlike every other speaker I’ve had before and which I would listen intently to (Audiofool equipment fetish style) is that the Genelecs don’t require concentration. I could be distracted by the phone doing something on it and suddenly I hear something...
  2. S

Genelec 8341A being fed a pure digital signal via a MiniDSP SHD Studio

I’m curious to hear your thoughts on using both GLM and the MiniSHD and the results you got. Also if there is any advantage in using both together.
  3. S

KEF LS50 meta/w vs Genelec 8340a?

J Just looked that up. KEF really does not want to discuss the design beyond blah blah slim blah blah pretty. However going to some review site it’s nice to see it has a 10cm UniQ driver. I had both the LSX and the LS50. Even though the LSX didn’t produce any bass to talk about it, it...
  4. S

Genelec 8340 + 7350

You can use a 7350 but it will limit your headroom. Depends on how loud you wish to play the system.
  5. S

Wow! Genelec GRADE looks amazingly useful

I will say one thing about Genelec subs. They are expensive for what they put out. However the flat in room response I get is priceless. No headaches either. I could put one behind me and GLM will time align and phase align it. It’s extra outlay in the beginning but the pain of paying for it...
  6. S

https://support.genelec.com/hc/en-us/requests/new Or just email: [email protected] Or WhatsApp support: https://www.genelec.com/contact-information I got a response in a few days.
  7. S

Domestic noise suppression

Finally did the spray foam. That made a difference. Probably it was letting noise in a spot where the wall is effectively single pane. Also covered 2 windows on the condenser side with curtains. I can now hear a light but deep machine noise but I can safely say the fridge is the far bigger...
  8. S

So jealous. I did my report and it looks horrible. Ordered a bunch of acoustic panels from GIK. Yours looks incredible. Would like to audition your set up. On another note this is cool. It’s kind of like animal crossing. Do something at home and a gift shows up in your mailbox. 35 pages of...
  9. S

Why? I just looked and it has the same glm in/out and the AES in/out of the 7360.
  10. S

So I got some 1lb 1/8” MLV and just in a hurry draped it between the condenser and the wall. I have not yet had a chance to insulate the return and apply foam/sealant yet. I sort of folded it over itself and just placed it there. It is slumped and doesn’t even cover the height of the condenser...
  11. S

SMSL D-6 DAC Review

I think it’s that some of us are using our phones and some are using PC. With a PC especially if you have an ultra wide monitor horizontal is fine. For phone users vertical is far better.
  12. S

Thank you for your detailed advice. I have all those items coming and it will be my weekend project. I also ordered a mass loaded vinyl sheet 1/8” 4’x10’. I’m thinking of placing concrete blocks against the MLV which will be against the wall. The pipes going into the wall would be the problem...
  13. S

SMSL D-6 DAC Review

Maybe the colors need to be split up into their own files. Maybe a text list of the tiers for people looking up their DAC. Vertical graph is probably better than horizontal.
  14. S

I suppose it could but would be dependent on the seating position. Same issue as we have for digital room correction. Now that’s a great idea for all the room correction companies to address. I suspect this is the way of the future. With full on head tracking and measurements for multiple head...
  15. S

I’m going try these for the fridge also. They did well under the condenser. I’ll let you know how it goes. Can’t hurt. LBG Products Rubber Anti-Vibration Isolator Pads,Heavy Duty Blue EVA Pad for Air Conditioner,Compressors,HVAC,Treadmills etc (6'' X 6'' X 7/8'') https://a.co/d/a0pQC0w...
Top Bottom