Recent content by squeedle

1. S

Passive Speaker Recommendations for USA (by @sweetchaos)

Not everything needs to be an debate.
  2. S

Passive Speaker Recommendations for USA (by @sweetchaos)

The site already has the "review index". Maybe Amir can make a searchable, filterable index for your data as well.
  3. S

Perlisten speakers

Fascinating! I'd never have considered this.
  4. S

Perlisten R5t vs. Salk BePure 2 vs. Philharmonic BMR Towers

They do have a smoother, wider response. I just find it hard to tell if I will like that or not. I don't really have firsthand experience comparing wide and narrow speakers and am not sure how to gain such experience.
  5. S

Perlisten speakers

Why is the latter issue an "issue" for you? Genuinely curious, because I never would have even considered that myself.
  6. S

I think EEUU means Estados Unidos, e.g. USA.
  7. S

Thanks, I'm asking about the R5t not the S7t. And I've read the AH review of the BMR Towers. The Salk one is relatively new. But I'm really curious to hear people's thoughts on the above models, whether firsthand impressions, deductions made from measurements, etc. :)
  8. S

Ignoring price, availability, aesthetics, supporting a small business, build quality, etc. Focusing solely, 100% on audio performance, what are you guys' thoughts on how one might choose between these speakers? Curious to hear everyone's thoughts on strengths/weaknesses of any of them. Hope it's...
  9. S

Arendal Sound

Arendal seems to offer a 60-day free trial with free shipping (I think), so anyone interested in reviewing them should be able to do so without any special arrangement...
  10. S

Can we discuss the BMR Tower?

Oh wow, that's a shame. I got to audition a pair of the M3's at their dealer-partner-guy in San Jose and I played a full CD's worth of my own reference tracks. I thought they sounded wonderful and had a shocking amount of low end extension. But I am still eager to see measurement data.
  11. S

They sound fantastic, but as I said, I'd also like to see proper measurements and spin data.
  12. S

I would love to compare these with some of the Spatial Audio Labs speakers that are in the same price range and "play low" and have high sensitivity, etc. I have not seen spin data for any of them, but that would be fascinating. https://www.spatialaudiolab.com/product/m4
  13. S

Subwoofers "for music" vs "for movies"?

I recently bought two SVS PB-3000's, and after a couple weeks of getting used to them, I'm finding I think there is some ultra-low bass that I prefer NOT to hear when listening to music. Even just setting a HPF around 25Hz with 6db/octave slope seems to improve the sound for my tastes. People...
  14. S

Vandersteen 2C Klippel data by "hardisj"

Wish you were closer, I have 2CE Signatures, am dying to see results for them and would love a road trip to drop them off but you HELLA FAR. :)
  15. S

Subwoofers "for music" vs "for movies"?

This is fascinating to me and I think is most relevant to my original post. Theoretically, the sub should only be reproducing the signal that was there in your music. So do you think it's a matter of personal preference, of simply not wanting to hear all of that signal? If so, would some kind of...
Top Bottom