Recent content by squ1gs

1. S

Genelec 8331A Powered SAM Studio Monitor Review (by Erin)

Ah, they're a pair of "Custom Design" stands from the 90's I picked up off eBay for £60. I then got a small supplier to cut 2 oak squares (around £10 each) and simply stuck them on top. Here's a link to a new pair, I would go the used route...
  2. S

There's definitely an emphasis on ensuring speaker/ monitors meet these reference SPL's, even if impractical for smaller spaces, prolonged listening or the fact that most people have neighbours! Combining a sub makes an even bigger difference for small speakers likes these 8331A's, relieving...
  3. S

You are correct and that's exactly how I have it set up : )
  4. S

I have a pair of 8020D's at my desk but super near field so not quite comparable. Equally as clear and the coherent as the 8331A's minus less bass (obviously!). Ended up with the 8331A's due to a really good deal on a used pair. I control the volume through the WXC-50, either by the app, IR...
  5. S

Thought I would just add as someone who has been using these as part of a living room setup sat at over 2 metres. A pair of Genelec 8331A's, a Genelec 7350A Sub and room correction provided by GLM. All fed digitally (COAX to AES) via a Yamaha WXC-50. This gets loud, I have had to trim the input...
  6. S

Review and Measurements of Yamaha WXA-50 Streaming Amp

@amirm Ah good to hear. I believe the amplifier only outputs from the ESS Dac. Would optical in and output from the amp measure differently? Output from the line out is routed through the Bur-Brown as you mentioned. The analogue inputs go through an ADC, just being fussy haha
  7. S

Review and Measurements of Yamaha WXA-50 Streaming Amp

@amirm Thanks for reviewing this, have been using this for a while now, nice to see some numbers! Where these tests performed with “direct” setting enabled through the advanced settings? Any chance of testing the optical in? In regards to the volume indicator, there is a visual for this on the...
Top Bottom