Recent content by SpyB

1. SpyB

PlayClassics album premiere for ASR members

Hi Mario, I read through the info on your link very interesting read. I would also like a code to have a listen / thank you for this offer
  2. SpyB

What are we listening to right now..

A Canadian artist who is right in the groove / check out the album
  3. SpyB

Auralic Vega G2 Streamer and DAC Review

@Amir, thought you might find these comments of interest/they were posted on the Auralic forum after someone there posted links to the ASR reviews and the person who is apparently employed by Auralic, offered this reply. A little condescending in parts, at lest that is what I thought, and...
  4. SpyB

Auralic LEO GX DAC Clock Review

DCS Bartok, $15,000 more "BS" and we have a new terminology "Sneak Oil" they sneak into you mind with "BS" and when you are well oiled with the audiophile massage / they sneak into you bank account and extract the $$$$$, then when you finally discover ASR, you feel very foolish indeed that...
  5. SpyB

Auralic Vega G2 Streamer and DAC Review

It is a custom chip because they say so,there is a lot of "BS" from this company I have communicated with them a few times, as I actually considered buying one of their products/lucky for me I was not fooled. They answered the emails they felt like and the questions they did not like,they did...
  6. SpyB

Measurements of RME ADI-2 DAC and Headphone Amp

Thank you, for your comments / very helpful
  7. SpyB

Measurements of RME ADI-2 DAC and Headphone Amp

I ask you this question because you seem experienced with the RME ADI -2 Dac /having sold one recently, and I believe have the intention to purchase the Latest version with the AK4493,if you have not already done. So my question is, does one have to be concerned about the quality of finish on...
  8. SpyB

Danny Richie Audio Myths on “Electrical Burn In”

I agree,and I quote from the article "Maybe it’s not the speakers doing the running in, it’s the ears and brains listening to them". We become use to the sound,and then after a time we really become accustom to it, and are happy, or we become bored and have the desire to change. Alas the...
  9. SpyB

How to Fix ESS Hump on SGD1 and LA-QXD1

I think at the end of February when the Black an Grey are available there will be a choice to select the color. And the Soncoz shop may be shipping direct by then
  10. SpyB

How to Fix ESS Hump on SGD1 and LA-QXD1

Thanks Ben, So if I purchase a black SGD1 at the end of February,it will have no manual soldering on the PCB is that correct
  11. SpyB

Relay Volume Control

Was not sure where to post this: Anyone here have any comments on this (Link below) or has anyone used one / or is using one,I understand the Benchmark version would be the ultimate execution of the relay volume control. Although a little high in cost, Also would this be better, than say the...
Top Bottom