Recent content by spudger

1. S

BASS!

This one goes deep, it's a quite a challenging track for a system:
  2. S

Looking to add room correction to SVS and Genelec G threes

No plans for surround or video features. Might add a second sub for 2.2.
  3. S

Looking to add room correction to SVS and Genelec G threes

Hi, I am looking to add room correction to my setup which consists of an Audiolab 8000s (90s UK version), one SVS SB1000 (non-pro version) and a pair of Genelec G Threes. It's connected as follows: Audiolab (in pre-amp mode) -> Subwoofer -> Genelecs. The sub manual says its line level...
  4. S

Genelec 8030C / G Three + miniDSP Flex + sub

Same listening distance as my setup, and it's definitely not wanting for volume. I have the G threes with the older (non pro) svs sb1000 which high pass at 80hz I think. Looking at adding room correction now, I am finding it hard to decide between a Denon AVR or a minidsp with dirac. Good to...
  5. S

BASS!

Some classic 1990s drum and bass, the 50-55 second mark is where the deep bass kicks in:
  6. S

Genelec 8030C / G Three + miniDSP Flex + sub

The sub was essential in my living room. I have the G Threes with an SVS SB1000 in a 7m x 5m living room, the Genelec's on their own lack bass, especially noticeable with electronic music. My next move is to pick up a minidsp flex and a second sub.
  7. S

Amp suggestions for vintage 3 way speakers

Hi, I upgraded my speakers to a pair of Celestion Ditton 442, they are vintage 3-ways with 12 inch bass woofers. I am finding my 60w Audiolab (1990s version) does not seem to drive them as well as it did my previous smaller Ditton 15 speakers. I am looking for amp suggestions, budget 600...
Top Bottom