Recent content by SpinifexV

1. S

Jazz ♫ Music only | In the now, or recently, or that you love...

This is not jazz, but it sure sounds like it. At least, what a russian classical composer from the soviet era believes jazz should sound like. It's actually my favorite "classical" album: Frank Dupree playing Nikolai Kapustin's Piano Concerto no. 4.
  2. S

Nearfield satellites recommendation for 5.1 system

Hey everyone, I have a 5.1 system with Kef Q950 fronts, Q650C center, Svs PB2000 pro sub and Q150 satellites. Due to the configuration of our room, the Q150 end up sitting very close to our heads (1 meter) and I am unhappy in the results: the sound is very focused, making it distracting, and a...
  3. S

Master "deals" (massdrop, ebay, Amazon, etc.) Thread on Audio Product Sales

From Hifipro in Canada: Elac Uni-fi Reference UBR62 for $1251 CAD Elac Debut Reference DBR62 FOR $699 CAD Both are well reviewed and liked here.
  4. S

Headphone sale for Québécois and Canadians: Focal Elegia for $550. It's rare we get these kind of sales north of the States.
  5. S

Topping A90 Headphone Amplifier Review

Well, my 2020 Topping A90 just developed problems. I left it on, without sound, while putting my young one to sleep and when I came back, the left channel was dead. The headphone (a Focal Elex)'s left cup was very warm and when I moved the cable in and out of the A90 socket, there was a loud...
  6. S

There is something very, very wrong with today’s music

I see Frank Zappa, I upvote! Seriously now, my thought on the Problem of Today's Music™, by a newly 40-year old guy: - We no longer forget what came before. It's the same problem facing the movie industry since the advent of the cassette/DVD: we now have access to everything that has been done...
  7. S

Erin's IKEA SYMFONISK Lamp Speaker Review

Bought one this weekend. It's actually quite a nice speaker! Yeah, it's far from the best speaker out there, but listening to it, I can't detect any clear dips or bumps in the frequency response (unlike my Edifier MS50A that clearly has a mid-bass bump). Not the most clear sound (it's not for...
  8. S

Kef Q650c Center Channel Speaker Review (by Erin)

Well... Probably should have gone up to the R2C then. Still, it seems pretty good in use, not a lot to complain about.
  9. S

Erin's IKEA SYMFONISK Lamp Speaker Review

Well, since nobody seems to have posted this, Erin's Audio Corner reviewed the IKEA Sonos Lamp here: https://www.erinsaudiocorner.com/loudspeakers/ikea_symfonisk_lamp/ Since we needed a lamp, I actually managed to convince my GF to get one for our bedroom!
  10. S

Arendal 1961 Bookshelf review (by Erin)

Well, this is very interesting. Since I need a wall-mounted speaker, it was on my shortlist for my basement game/open room (7.5 m by 7.5 m, 25' by 25', low ceiling) along with its brother the 1961 Monitor and the Revel S16, to play with a subwoofer (SVS SB1000 Pro) and a Yamaha R-N803. Is...
  11. S

Very nice. Doesn't ship to Canada unfortunately. Oh well, wallet safe.
  12. S

Kef Q-series on sale pretty much everywhere in Canada for BF. Typical prices (from Centre Hi-fi): Q150 $449/pair Kube 10 $699 Q550 $998/pair Q750 $1299/pair Q950 $1599/pair I've decided to use the Q950 I bought earlier this year for my 5.1 system instead of my basement stereo, so I took the...
  13. S

Which Arendal speaker would you like Erin to review?

Well, I am looking for a sealed speaker to mount on the wall of my large basements living room (7.5 by 5.5 m) to play with my SB1000 Pro, so I would be very interested for measurements of the 1961 Monitors, but it seems I'm mostly alone in this.
  14. S

Looking for a wifi-capable stereo amplifier

Hey everyone, I've just bought a couple of JBL Control X speakers for my backyard, and I was looking for a wifi-capable (I've got a NAS setup) amplifier for them. The amplifier will be inside, with the speakers attached to the outdoor wall. I've got a Yamaha N803 for my basement, so I was...
  15. S

Dan Clark Stealth Review (State of the Art Headphone)

Oh man, incredible! This will force me to buy... a couple of lottery tickets. ;)
Top Bottom