Recent content by spectrexcwk

1. spectrexcwk

Bookshelf Speaker + CRT help

Hello I’m trying to upgrade the sound of my crt based retro gaming setup beyond built in tv speakers. The Adam T5v’s seem well liked here, and fit my ~$450 budget. I was all set to purchase them, but I’ve learned I need magnetically shielded speakers if they’re going to be placed anywhere near...
  2. spectrexcwk

Dedicated ADC Upgrade over MacBook for Vinyl?

I’m certain REW can do this, but after some browsing (of their site)/googling I can’t figure out how to use it for this purpose. I’m only finding guides for room measurement. Given that, I’ll just take dfuller’s word on this one. My choices at the moment are Scarlet 2i2 - well reviewed on...
  3. spectrexcwk

Thanks! I’ll just get an external ADC I have an smsl idea and a fiio e17. While at this point I’m convinced an external ADC is the way to go, for curiosity I’d still like to try and get some measurements. Do you know of a guide I can use for this? Google turns up some really low level...
  4. spectrexcwk

Oh I didn’t know the Mani was considered that bad. Is there something else I should’ve bought in that price range? It seemed to get positive feedback in the ~$100 category from various places. Are there measurements I can perform somehow to get an idea of how the mbp’s line in performs? Like...
  5. spectrexcwk

I’ve read several of the audio interface reviews here (and spent several hours googling) to try and determine if the ADC in vinyl rippling setup needs upgrading. stanton str8-80 turntable Schiit mani pre-amp 2008 MacBook Pro line in audacity on one of my current Macs I’m sure this sounds...
Top Bottom