Recent content by SpanishPassion

1. S

How "bad" must a Speaker be for normies to notice?

I think the design is number one thing that is important for most people and the industry knows that. The speaker just has to sound OK, but given that, most people think much more about how a speaker would look in their room than about how it sounds. I also assume that most of them may think...
  2. S

Dynaudio Special Forty - Review & Measurements by Erin

I don't know about B&W, I'm talking about Dynaudio specifically. From the measurements that we have, it looks like they target the flat line, they just don't execute it so well. And also all those speakers are pre-Jupiter era, I'm really curious about how their current models measure. Oh, it's...
  3. S

But is this statement actually true? I mean, the speaker discussed in this topic still has the preference score of 5.0, and with a sub it's 6.9. This is a fairly good score. And yes, it could have been better, but this is not like Zu Audio or similar level of disregard for the preference score...
  4. S

Seems to me that they are fairly flat measuring speakers.
  5. S

Dynaudio's Xeo series discontinued?

I just use a 3.5 mm jack to connect my PC to it. You can connect it to any of the speakers and it acts as "master" and transmits the sound wirelessly to another one. It also has RCA and Toslink connectors. I don't really care that much about that, but having a clean desk is appreciated...
  6. S

It's only the older Xeo 4 that required this Connect box. Starting from Xeo 2 they were completely autonomous, that is, no external box required to connect them to the source. So you needed 2 powers cables and 1 cable to connect to the source while with your proposal you would have 2 cables, a...
  7. S

I was just browsing the Dynaudio's official website and I noticed that the entire Xeo series is appearing as discontinued: https://dynaudio.com/home-audio Only the new Focus and Music line of speakers are still listed are "current" digital speakers. I'm extremely surprised... For those, who...
  8. S

Dynaudio Core 47 Review (Professional Monitor)

If you love the sound of Core 47, then just enjoy it. It doesn't matter what the measurements say if you're satisfied with them. In any case the Harman score of this speaker is 5.0, which is good enough. Also in your room the produced sound is not the same as in Amir's room (which is relevant...
  9. S

Interview with Dynaudio chief engineer Stephen Entwistle

But if you are listening near field, is this point about reflections still valid? I want to emphasize that my statement was not about whether you can subjectively tell which set of speakers is better after listening to them for weeks separately. It was about a valid development methodology...
  10. S

I'm well aware of Jupiter system. When they have built it, I was very excited, because I expected them to significantly improve both the frequency response and the directivity of their speakers. Unfortunately, this doesn't seem to be the case. Then again, why did they bother to have this arc at...
  11. S

After hearing this interview, as a Dynaudio customer, I can say, that I am disappointed. Unfortunately, I didn't take notes while I was listing to it, but what I got from it essentially is the following: Dynaudio doesn't really follow a proper engineering process or methodology when designing...
  12. S

Focus - new active Dynaudio speakers

Very interesting... I really want Dynaudio to succeed. They've been ahead of most of other Hi-Fi manufacturers in terms of usability and comfort (easy setup), but lacking in sound quality compared to likes of Genelec, Neumann and other similar brands, because of their outdated design (albeit...
  13. S

Preference rating: What score speaker do you use? What can you tolerate? Where do you start to deviate? Where can you hear until?

Sorry for the late reply... I think that by itself, the preference rating is not very useful, but this is not the only information that we get here on ASR or other competent resources. Combined with spinorama itself and also with the subjective impressions, you get a much better picture...
  14. S

Preference rating: What score speaker do you use? What can you tolerate? Where do you start to deviate? Where can you hear until?

Because that's not what the preference score is about. The preference score just takes into account different characteristics of a speaker and then "sums them up". The result may be similar, but the properties of the speakers that led to the result cab be widely different, hence they sound very...
  15. S

Dynaudio Core 47 Review (Professional Monitor)

I hope they will comment. I don't expect them to say a lot of meaningful things, but I really hope they'll get the feedback and, perhaps, will consider to update their philosophy when designing new models.
Top Bottom