Recent content by spamilton

1. S

Genelec 8341A SAM™ Studio Monitor Review

You can fine-tune each speaker by clicking on them on the home screen (after calibration): You can also use the sound character profiler which applies a global curve:
  2. S

Genelec 8x3x stands, are they worth it?

I own the bigger version of these L table stands, and they are the only thing I trust to keep my 8341a secure. However, I used to have the 8030c as well, and I had them on Kanto stands which worked perfectly and hid the cables well.
  3. S

Best headphones in the $500-$800ish range?

I agree with the HD650. It's the only "mid-fi" headphone I've held on to for the past 10+ years, though I'm much more into the sound of planars now. The Arya Stealth is still on sale for $760. That's an amazing value imo. I paid full price for the original Aryas.
  4. S

SVS Ultra Evolution

It looks like these are now available for purchase. I'm curious to see how they measure. The bass should be nice on the towers - 24Hz to 40kHz (+/-3 dB) for the Pinnacle.
  5. S

Genelec 8030 C or 8330 A

If it's only for listening and playing piano, I would get the 8030C. I had the 8030C prior to my 8341, and the value is extremely good with the 8030C. I could go back to them and be very content. If you have money to burn and want the best, go with the Ones.
  6. S

Center with good directivity for Revel M126Be?

This was my issue as well. I tried so hard to just stick with stereo, but many shows and movies the dialogue just gets lost in the mix. I try to avoid the dialogue boost function whenever possible considering it just boosts everything in those frequencies and can get boomy/muddy. Being able to...
  7. S

Center with good directivity for Revel M126Be?

I actually use a M126Be as my center. My console won't fit a very big horizontal center, and I didn't want to have to raise the TV to fit one on top. I wanted the biggest sound possible that would fit in my space with the shelves removed, and the Revel is as good as I'm going to get until I get...
  8. S

IK Releases ARC Studio Hardware

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/news/?item_id=15861 Relatively cheap room correction in a box. Seems like a good option for those who don't want/have DSP speakers.
  9. S

I had to toe them out pretty far to get those highs to measure more reasonably, but it is sounding less fatiguing now. I'm guessing my proximity isn't helping either. I'm at about 1.25m. The default room size in GLM is the same as my room which was very weird to see when I did my first...
  10. S

They are all built like tanks. Really just go with your preference. Black will be the most "hidden" of course.
  11. S

Ran the correction again. Still sounding a bit weird, but I'll let my ears get used to it. I added a bit of a Harman curve to it for some warmth.
  12. S

Ascend Acoustics ELX Titan Tower Mini Review

I agree with this assessment as well. I may have actually commented in the same thread as you a while back. This is sounding familiar. But yes, The Revels won easily for me for TV and movies which is what they are mainly used for in my room anyway. I'm actually using an M126Be as a center which...
  13. S

Ascend Acoustics ELX Titan Tower Mini Review

Thanks for sharing. I was between these and the Revel F226Be and ultimately went the safer route with the Revels. I owned the previous Ascend towers with the RAAL, and I found higher frequencies were getting lost in the mix. I think you made the right choice with the Titan. Unless you are in an...
  14. S

Harbeth Monitor 30 Speaker Review

I briefly had the P3ESR XD. Vocals (female in particular) did sound pretty nice on them, but the overall fidelity was very bad for a speaker of that price. That was the speaker that finally converted me to using real monitors.
Top Bottom