Recent content by SpaceMonkey

1. S

Bose 901 Series VI Active Equalizer Measurements

Pretty nice. I am toying with an idea of installing a coax unit instead of the front driver...
  2. S

Behringer DEQ2496 Ultracurve Pro DSP Review

ok, this works. I was hoping that there is maybe a way to push unequalised output via one of the outputs. this way equalised can go to speaker and unequalised to sub or something true, as well. DCX2496 is much more easy for this though
  3. S

Behringer DEQ2496 Ultracurve Pro DSP Review

Honest question, how can it be a crossover?
  4. S

Bose 901 Series VI Active Equalizer Measurements

Dig out the report using Wayback Machine. Didn't read the whole thread to see if it was posted here.
  5. S

Help for pre amp (Nobsound ns 08p or Audiphonics PRE 01) for Hypex NCore (my new home set-up)

I have very weak sound card to test with and cannot test PRE01 properly , however it seems that PRE01 is completely passive, at 0 level it is still introducing a slight loss it seems. So possibly Audiophonics did fix some of the issues seen in the basic model.
  6. S

Help for pre amp (Nobsound ns 08p or Audiphonics PRE 01) for Hypex NCore (my new home set-up)

Purchased Audiphonics PRE 01 as a replacement for Nobsound NS-08P Pro (don't buy this). Quite Ok so far. Cant measure THD etc ina meaningfulway as my rig is not very good. Still so far positive experience as it is operating in 1db solid steps (96 steps total without stupid HEX rance as in...
  7. S

Unlimited FIR taps? yes please

Hi, any progress on this?
  8. S

Is there a simple multichannel solution for 5.1/5.2 audio with DSP that is NOT an AVR?

I like this unit from Canton: https://www.canton.de/en/products/smart/smart-connect-5.1 and slightly older unit exists as well (even cheaper): https://www.canton.de/en/archive/smart-connect-5.1 Haven't used it though.
  9. S

Sennheiser HD650 Review (Headphone)

Go for IEMs. Lots of them decent these days. Here a guy is arguing that HD6xx are bettered by 7HZ Salnotes (and he had HD800 as well): Truthear Zero are liked here. Myself I am a big fan of etymotics and imho they beat HD600 easily (I have hd600 and lots of etymotics) . ER2XR is an easy choice...
  10. S

I would like to leave a bit of feedback for Nobsound NS-08P Pro from Amazon as per link above. I bought 2 units from Amazon store and they are essentially the same in performance so unit variation seems very very low +/- 0.1db at same levels It clicks nicely during operation however it several...
  11. S

Best measuring tube amp

Tom Evans Audio Design Linear A and B might be interesting contenders
  12. S

Noisy digital audio on LG TVs

Once I tried a stupid passive optical splitter (1 optical in > 2 optical outs) and there were lots of pops down the line. So i think overall toslink out on LG is not only noisy but also weak in power (if optical output power is even a consideration here) . and this was gone as once it was...
  13. S

Noisy digital audio on LG TVs

In my experience, all the most terrible toslink devices worked just fine with lg toslink output. currently tv is connected to a cheap 4 way optical switch. no issues at all.
  14. S

Tinkering with old Yamaha NS-344 -- surprises and troubles (repairs)

Lots of videos on youtube of yamaha ns1000 woofer disassembly. The touching issue is there for many of them as well. Not very complicated just requires strength and patience. Then you might end up building some sort of rig to put it back (not complicated):
Top Bottom