Recent content by soundwave76

1. soundwave76

Genelec 83x0 vs 83x1

I am using GLM and works like a charm on my desktop PC system. Volume control is my mouse wheel. I once used ADI-2 Pro and it’s digital output and ADIs volume knob but direct GLM is easier and better, I would chose 8341 hands down. That’s end game and you are done.
  2. soundwave76

Desktop Active Speaker Recommendations

Used genelecs are often sold in Finnish forums. Tori.fi is the general online marketplace and this is the local hififorum: https://foorumi.hifiharrastajat.org/forumdisplay.php/71-M-Kaiuttimet
  3. soundwave76

Desktop Active Speaker Recommendations

This. You could also look for a used pair of these. Genelec gets my vote, but then again I am a fanboy...
  4. soundwave76

Which USB/DAC with AES output for active loudspeakers?

No, AES-AES cable. Matrix has AES out. If you plan to use devices with digital coax out, like brilliant and cheap Topping D10, then coax-AES cable should work with small cable lengths.
  5. soundwave76

Which USB/DAC with AES output for active loudspeakers?

Digital coax output is also fine - at least when connecting into digital Genelec SAM speakers. I use Bluesound Node 2i with a simple ohm converter in one setup and Matrix X-SPDIF in another.
  6. soundwave76

Genelec 8030C with Dirac Vs 8330A with GLM

I haven't tried Dirac with my Genelecs, but the GLM works like a charm in calibrating the entire system at once. I have 8331+7350 and 8340. If you want to tinker and tweak, then maybe consider the Dirac setup. Otherwise I recommend the GLM setup.
  7. soundwave76

Genelec 8030C Studio Monitor Review

Anybody considering these should seriously pay a few hundred more and get the 8330 bundle with the GLM room correction. It’s that good! 1799€ for example here: https://www.stpaulssound.fi/genelec-8330ap-sam-bundle-pack-kaiutinpari-glm-30-paketilla/p/8330APM-PACK-6/
  8. soundwave76

Genelec 8320 REW measurements with and without GLM

Good stuff! Those new Genelec speaker stands are awesome. I also use them with 8331. Sub will definetly improve your system sound A LOT. I have the smallest Genelec SAM sub (was it 7350) in my smallish home office room and it works great.
  9. soundwave76

Genelec Home Series (G speakers and F subwoofers)

I had this DSpeaker with my 8040s in a living room TV setup. Worked very well. I upgraded to 8340 and sold the DSpeaker. The 8340 does sound better compared to 8040 + DSpeaker. These are available used every once in a while in the Finnish hifi forum. Seems to be one available as we speak...
  10. soundwave76

Genelec Home Series (G speakers and F subwoofers)

G-series are proper Genelecs and a good choice. SAM room correction is awesome though and I would recommend for example DSpeaker Antimode Dual-Core to go with the Genelec G-series.
  11. soundwave76

RME ADI-2 FS Version 2 DAC and Headphone Amp Review

I had that. It was/is gorgeous and I still miss it...
  12. soundwave76

Genelec and AES67/Ravenna

I would love to see this go forward - and fast :)
  13. soundwave76

Anyone else just not bothered by home theatre?

I don't care about home theaters. I do want a good sound of my TV and I am perfectly happy with my pair of Genelec 8340. I do need to buy a bigger TV though, but then I need to get smaller Genelecs or a soundbar which both don't appeal... :)
Top Bottom