Recent content by soundwave76

1. soundwave76

New near-field speaker setup for a home office? Pictures!

Here’s mine. I have added a microphone and a webcam not shown in the picture. 7350 sub on the floor as well.
  2. soundwave76

Tinnitus

I developed tinnitus on my left ear when listening my brand new HD700 headphones for too long and too loud back in 2015. It was hell and took me to very dark places for several months. Amazingly one can adapt and now it doesnt bother me much. Tinnitustalk is the best resource for tinnitus by...
  3. soundwave76

VU Meters: Let's See 'Em!!

Oh wow. I have the ADI and will most certainly look deeper into these. What is that chassis?
  4. soundwave76

RME ADI-2 Pro as digital DSP

Discarding RME ADI-2’s dac for another should be just banned. Makes no sense… :)
  5. soundwave76

Is HD800S worth it over HD600 with 4.5x price difference?

Stax. They just sound so much better. L300 Limited here. On the close front, the Dan Clark Aeon RT.
  6. soundwave76

Is HD800S worth it over HD600 with 4.5x price difference?

I have had both and in my opinion no. I also found better alternatives like Stax and Dan Clarke.
  7. soundwave76

Home office audio system

ADI-2 and Genelec combo here as well. End game setup (especially with 8331) which will take away the upgrade itch for a loooooooong time.
  8. soundwave76

Genelec GLM Review (Room EQ & Setup)

Yes, but one can start small. API for just volume control would not be rocket science nor introduce major risks to the software. Which is better from Genelec’s perspective - offering their own API versus customers hacking and tinkering their own APIs, which are all outside of Genelec’s control?
  9. soundwave76

API is often the product nowadays
  10. soundwave76

It’s a pity and a judgement error from Genelec that they refuse to offer an open GLM API. Many have requested it and these two threads show a clear demand for it. Ping @Ilkka Rissanen - it’s time to open the API.
  11. soundwave76

The Case For AVRs... Am I missing something???

I would NOT shed a tear if ASR would drop measuring the entire AVR segment…
  12. soundwave76

Fyi there is an indie product called Gevol which is designed to implement GLM volume control in a very nice way https://gevol.fi
  13. soundwave76

Stax SRM-Xh Review (Electrostatic Headphone Amp)

I was also curious to compare the top headphone models to my Stax. So I bought the HD800S, applied eq and… no comparison, Stax beat them hands down in my ears. DC Stealth comparison is tempting :)
  14. soundwave76

Stax SRM-Xh Review (Electrostatic Headphone Amp)

Great to see Stax reviews! Are you going to review your Stax headphones or some other models? Really interested to see those, since I own Stax L300 Limited and just love the 'airy' Stax sound compared to any other headphones out there.
  15. soundwave76

Audio-gd Master 7 Singularity Review (DAC)

Merger between Audio-gd and PS Audio would make sense :)
Top Bottom