Recent content by SoundsGood

1. SoundsGood

TOPPING DX9!

I bought mine from Headphones.com and their customer service is top notch.
  2. SoundsGood

TOPPING DX9!

The resolution of the DX9 is such that any cable or component you attach will have an impact on the sound quality. So, if you are into comparing various items this is a good platform. With me, I tried three difference USB cables - from $25 to $1300 and could hear a difference in each. The one...
  3. SoundsGood

TOPPING DX9!

I got DSD to play using Roon server (ROCK) with attached USB drive. Make sure the volume setting in Roon shows 100% or the DSD files will not play. Sounds amazing. Yes there is a protective plastic cover over the glass top and yes I found some stray adhesive on one corner that came off easily...
  4. SoundsGood

TOPPING DX9!

Got my DX9 from Headphones.com two weeks ago. Very impressive all around driving DCA E3. Streamer is both Roon ROCK and Innuos PulseMini. Still cannot get DSD files to play, only get hissing noise. Roon shows DSF DSD format and is playing but only hissing sound from the DX9 DAC / Amp. Any...
  5. SoundsGood

For Sale: Topping E70 Velvet & L70 HPA ensemble with premium balanced interconnects - $750 shipped

I bought this ensemble at Christmas but had to wait a month to receive it through APOS - the Topping E70 Velvet DAC and L70 HPA which includes the APOS Flow premium XLR balanced interconnects between the two. Makes for a very nice desktop combination. Sound is very detailed and musical...
  6. SoundsGood

Dan Clark Expanse Headphone Review

Absolutely, Amir did his review with the RME ADI-2 Pro and report a level of -6 on the volume with plenty of headroom. You should be good to go with the Expanse and RME pairing as that is what Amir used. The Expanse is rated at 23 ohm impedance by Amir and the RME spec says 3.4 watts in...
  7. SoundsGood

FS: Dan Clark Expanse, Warranty till 9-2024, Mint/New, $2,995 SHIPPED

For Sale is my Dan Clark Audio Expanse headphone going for $2,995 shipped. Exceptional detail retrieval, musical and open sounding. The best headphone I ever heard but I mostly listen to my tower speakers. I can accept Zelle, Venmo, PayPal to friends, or mailed money order. Other forms of...
  8. SoundsGood

We measure audio equipment for free!!!

Hi Amir, I have a NAD D3045 integrated amp/DAC that I would like you to test/review. Can I send it over?
  9. SoundsGood

Kii THREE white

Are you including the Kii Control? What country are you in?
  10. SoundsGood

Kii THREE versus KII THREE/BXT

Great price on the set. Someone will pick these up soon. I just added my BXTs to the Kii Three pair I had for two years and it made a huge improvement. Are these in the Pro finish?
  11. SoundsGood

Kii THREE versus KII THREE/BXT

Tom, I had my Kii Threes for two years and like you was also blown away with their performance. I just added the BXTs and was not prepared for the transformation. Not just more bass but the Kii Three is set free - better dynamics, headroom, detail, less distortion. The bass is the best I...
  12. SoundsGood

UpTone Audio EtherREGEN Switch Review

That was interesting. Blind testing the ER against a "generic" Netgear switch.....two of us were not able to consistently pick one switch over the other but there was a slight preference for the ER in the overall results. We just could not reliably pick the ER out each time. Doing a "sighted"...
  13. SoundsGood

I called my audiophile friend and he is coming over tomorrow. We will conduct the blind test on each-other and let you know the results.
  14. SoundsGood

I am by myself so I did not conduct a blind test. I swapped the device in and out, listened to same track for one minute, repeat with a different track. Did one round in the AM and another round in the PM. Results were confirmed each time that the ER made it better. I was still in the 30 day...
  15. SoundsGood

I got my EtherREGEN in the first batch so I have had about a month of listening. My impression is it definitely improved the sound quality of my system, in my room with my ears. After reading this review I went back and took it out of my system and did more extensive comparisons with and...
Top Bottom