Recent content by Soundmixer

1. S

Frustrated Streaming Movies no longer in Atmos

Both DV and Atmos require licensing fees for their usage on streaming platforms. To cut costs (which they are doing big time now), you have to pick which you want to use, and which to ditch. The studios have decided that what we see (DV) is more important than what we hear (Atmos), because most...
  2. S

Emotiva MC-1 Review (Home Theater Processor)

I agree with this comment if the person is trained to see those artifacts. Most folks are not, so no matter the screen size - they can miss even the obvious artifacts on any size screen. If this is the limit of your exposure (or space), this is the limit of your perspective. My focus was not on...
  3. S

When your projector has an external processor that does excellent tone mapping, you are in a very dark room with no wall or ceiling reflections, and you have a screen that is optimized for the projector, you don't miss DV. HDR was not a concern here. We were not evaluating HDR my friend, we...
  4. S

This response is a deflection. You have spent an awful lot of time feebly attempting to insult me, but you have spent no time informing us what equipment, movies, and conditions you did your little afternoon comparison. Why don't you focus on that? I don't have golden eyes, I have trained eyes...
  5. S

How does one show definitive proof? Reviews? I can post a bunch of them. Screenshots? Useless, you cannot see fine details or artifacts on an uncalibrated computer screen. Your opinion on KS would be valuable if you had any actual experience with this system beyond a single afternoon. Since...
  6. S

Neither have you, so what is your point? Actually, I don't think they are being critical at all. Just ignorant. You have commented on the system, but don't own it or have ANY experience with it. You have another who compared it to the disc, but there are no details of the equipment used...
  7. S

I have serious issues because I don't agree with your subjective opinion??? Now that is arrogance right there!!!!. If you did a sighted test and knew which you were watching, that is not a legitimate comparison. It is a subjective opinion....nothing more. You are welcome to that, but please...
  8. S

My answer to this question is a no - you could not do it for less money. You would need custom video mastering software, licensing agreements with the studios for content, secure storage and transfer system, encryption and decryption software and the keys to support it, and the infrastructure to...
  9. S

The discussion devolved into stick versus KS, not plex, hex, dex, or anything else. I never referred to what was possible, but how it is actually used.
  10. S

Plex is not a streaming stick, and most people don't mux their movies via plex. They stream them or watch them via a disc.
  11. S

Because files ripped from UHD disc is not how people use streaming sticks. Streaming sticks are used to stream video from content providers, not from ripped UHD discs My contention is not about the spec of streaming sticks. It is about the notion that streaming sticks equal the same product as...
  12. S

There is a difference between the UHD format, and the Bluray format even though both share the same disc technology. "They" are reporting means nothing to me. The devil is the in detail, so we need to know who is reporting, and where are they getting the content that supports these bitrates...
  13. S

I would love to see which Blurays had a data rate of 100+ Mbps. The maximum bitrate of Bluray is 48 Mbps.
  14. S

I have the Nvidia Shield Pro, and I have to see those reports. I wonder what content it streamed at 100+ Mbps, any images created from it, who created it, and how was it transmitted. I am not interested in unsubstantiated reports. I am interested in confirmed data that supports that report.
  15. S

Let me correct you here. I never said differences will always be ascertained, but clearly, on some movies, there is a noticeable difference. I have never heard anyone claim there is a "vast" difference between UHD disc and KS, and neither have I. Lastly, I have never heard of anyone who owns a...
Top Bottom