Recent content by Sound86

1. Sound86

Topping MX5, A new device?

I am really looking forward to some measurements. I was rather unhappy with my SMSL DA-9 because of QC issues and the need for a dedicated DAC. An all in one solution would be ideal for me, if it measures well. MX5 should fit the bill, espacially since I dont need the output power of the AO200...
  2. Sound86

Looking for active BT speakers sub 300€

Hey folks, I could use some help. Recently I bought two Amazon Echo (latest version, not the dot) for use in my outside pavilion. The idea was a pair of simple speakers for background music while at the same time the option to interact with Alexa and my smart home. Well the sound (even for this...
  3. Sound86

SMSL DA-9 stuck on "S.M.S.L" boot screen (won't power on)

I tried the fix and it didnt work. Fun sidenote however, the remote stopped working after that too. Now I have to start it by unplugging the power cord and can only control it with the volume knob. SMSL really failed with this one :/
  4. Sound86

S.M.S.L Tabebuia

Just a very quick feedback on my Tabebuia. Ive had the Tabebuia together with a SMSL DA-9 for a few weeks now and used it occasionally (setup as a 3rd setup, in my RV). I also used a Khadas Toneboard some of the time and feed it HiRes music from amazon music HD. Now I dont specialize in desktop...
  5. Sound86

Yeah its nice to have and sorely missing on most bluetooth enabled amps. Though I wonder if the internal DAC is any good or even supports HiRes audio. In the end I will buy another DAC anyway. I have my eyes on a Hidizs S9 Pro for balanced TRRS connection to the SMSL
  6. Sound86

Ah dont feel sorry, the DA-9 was on my radar anyway and the sound quality (when it works) is rather nice. The AO200 is in my shopping card now too. It seems to be just a better DA-9 (faulty or not) and I might order one as soon as a discount is available.
  7. Sound86

Just stumbled on this. I have a DA-9 from DUDO Audio store on Ali and experience the exact same issue. Using bluetooth for now and yeah display on lowest brightness. I turn it on via the front knob, since the remote is still packaged. After unplugging power and restarting it works though. Kind...
  8. Sound86

Is it possible that the sound from the new Hiby R6 is much better than it's R3 Saber sibling?

Pondering the same question right now. Ordered the DA-9 recently and also have some other DACs lying around. Id like to downsize to one unit I can play my music from everywhere. R3 Pro looks pretty good with TRRS balanced and is much more affordable than the SU-9.
  9. Sound86

Magnepan LRS Speaker Review

From my experience with used market planars, and that goes for all planar speakers, is that they have rather high prices compared to conventional designs. I dont see why that would be any different with the LRS and for now in Europe the LRS prices are around ~1000 USD.
  10. Sound86

True. Ive been following the used market for a while now. In Europe the prices for a new pair arent quite as competitive as in the US, so I havent pulled the trigger yet. From what I have heard on Youtube people liked the smaller Hegels a lot, H90 or the newer H95, and I might give that a shot...
  11. Sound86

I had Magnepan MMG years ago, which I loved a lot. My first real audiophile kinda modern speakers and my first planars as well. I then swapped them to Martin Logan Aerius, which I did not enjoy, then after that Magnepan 2.6, which I didnt like either. I was actually considering buying LRS...
  12. Sound86

S.M.S.L Tabebuia

Yeah WXA-50 has quite a lot of settings you can (and should) tweak Guess I will just use my Sabaj A10 together with the Khadas Toneboard for now and do some reading along the way. Then I will probably end up spending way more than I initially intended. Welcome to the audiophile world :-D...
  13. Sound86

S.M.S.L Tabebuia

Huh interesting. With LDAC enabled I might reconsider. Size, amp measurements and the fact its SMSL too are all good arguments.
  14. Sound86

Nubert nuConnect ampX Streaming Amp Review

Oh gosh, I was just looking for compact alternatives to the Yamaha WXA-50 and found a comparison on areadvd (german hifi and avr magazine) and even though I know areadvd is your run of the mill voodoo hifi people I actually thought for about an hour the Ampx could be the best thing since the...
  15. Sound86

S.M.S.L Tabebuia

Im pretty much settled on Class-D (hence the WXA-50 plan). I mostly play music from a tidal hifi sub (with USB audio player pro on android). LDAC might be acceptable, but I believe the DA-9 only supports low res Aptx. So I would probably need another DAC if I go that route. Now I could use the...
Top Bottom