Recent content by Sound86

1. Sound86

TANCHJIM Space Portable Headphone Adapter Review

I had a similar issue with another DAC under Android. The problem was OS based, because Android cut the power to apps in the background. See if you can find the option to always power your music app.
  2. Sound86

TANCHJIM Space Portable Headphone Adapter Review

The Moondrop Dawn Pro looks a lot like it. Same unit, different exterior?
  3. Sound86

Magnepan LRS Speaker Review

When I was still in university I picked up an old beat up Technics 1210 for cheap. Once I realized I could sell it for much more, I kinda began looking for vintage Hifi bargains. A few years and many speakers and other gear later, I stumbled upon a pair of Magnepan MMG for $150 and thought to...
  4. Sound86

SMSL VMV A2 Review (Stereo Amplifier & DAC)

Probably because it has higher sales volume and the number of complaints is more harmful with a low budget product than a high end low volume product. But other companies are the same. Try to get help for a $2.500 Klipsch Stadium. By now they are almost all dead, because of faulty...
  5. Sound86

Creative Sound Blaster X5 Interface Review

Oh man 20 years ago my first computer and audio system was a small Creative 5.1 system, full plastic with small plastic subwoofer. Lmp Bizkit Break Stuff was so glorious with it. So I guess I have fond memories for Creative, but I dont know where this would fit in my life now. I guess the...
  6. Sound86

TOPPING PA7

PA5 certainly was huge let-down. Even though it measured and sounded great while it was working...
  7. Sound86

AIYIMA A200 Stereo Amplifier Review

Funny it sits beside the Hegel H95 :D
  8. Sound86

JBL SA600 Vintage Amplifier Review

Ive had many many vintage amplifiers over the years and even if their measurements dont compete with modern designs they are by no means doorstops. Many are beautifully built with high class materials and enhance every home they are in. And they are part of Hifi history. I can only applaud the...
  9. Sound86

SMSL DA-9 stuck on "S.M.S.L" boot screen (won't power on)

Yeah I have one for two months now, its working fine. Fingers crossed ;-)
  10. Sound86

Poll for Topping PA5 owners only please.

Well actually I dont want to get the seller into trouble and I suspect the error lies with Amazon directly, because the new items are sold via fulfillment by Amazon. If such an item gets returned without further information on defects and such, some minimum wage worker at the warehouse basically...
  11. Sound86

Poll for Topping PA5 owners only please.

I received a second PA5 from Amazon Warehouse today, this one sold as "as new"... Weeeell... It arrived in a plastic bag without original packaging and without any documentation or warranty card, the power supply was actually inside the plastic bag with the amplifier (without any dampening...
  12. Sound86

Monoprice Blackbird Review (HDMI Audio Extractor)

I didnt know Qobuz does as well, never paid much attention to it. In my book the best algorithm for personal recommendations and checking what other people enjoy is Spotify.
  13. Sound86

As far as I know they stream their audio in FLAC, does it get any better than this in streaming? And yeah of course there is a discussion about what you can hear or rather perceive as different in audio. I know the argument why 16bit and 44.1khz for CD was chosen and why anything more should not...
  14. Sound86

Well if you havent seen it, its quite interesting... MQA probably is just a clever Hifi marketing campaign (like we all know in the industry), but I do agree to my ears it doesnt sound bad or wrong. Nevertheless audiophile gold standard right now is Amazon Music HD. And vinyl will never get...
  15. Sound86

I agree, Vinyl for me is a home accessory, like a vase or a rug, if you get my meaning. I enjoy my round about 1000 LPs, but mostly not for listening. Since Fire sticks have an android OS under the hood you should be able to get an uncorrupted digital signal. How to go about it, I am not sure...
Top Bottom