Recent content by Sonny1

1. S

JBL HDI-1600 Speaker Review

Can of worms you don’t want to touch. I stay out of break-in and capacitor discussions. I’ve never experienced any noticeable break-in differences in speakers but usually stay quiet when people talk about it. I’m in this hobby for fun and to get a break from the stress of my non audio...
  2. S

Are Infinity Reference speakers gone?

I regret only buying one pair of the bookshelf version, the 5.25” woofer version. They sound way better than I expected and were dirt cheap. Have been looking for another pair locally but every one I see is more than double the close out price I paid new.
  3. S

heart condition

Thanks for sharing your story and pictures. Anyone who is concerned about the cat when they are going through such a harrowing experience must be a good person. I look forward to hearing about your recovery! Best of luck to you.
  4. S

Tekton M-Lore Speaker Review

These were far from good but somehow better than I expected.
  5. S

How Many Inches?

I have two sets of main speakers and switch them once in a while. One has 10” Peerless XXL with 12” passive radiators and the second speaker has SB Acoustic 10’s. Both have sufficient bass for music. I don’t have a HT. The Peerless setup is active and is more accurate and plays deeper but...
  6. S

The Brand New World of AI-Covers. Post your favorites

I’m not saying this is good.
  7. S

SoundArtist ("BBC") LS3/5A Speaker Review

Wow! That was a lot worse than I expected and my expectations were low! You get very bad response across the board and get to blow your amp in the process. Finally a speaker Danny can improve! Throw some No-Rez, a set of tube connectors, some boutique caps, audiophile internal wires on...
  8. S

Ascend Acoustics Sierra-1 V2 - Review & Measurements by Erin

Very impressive improvements to this speaker (which was already very good IMO to begin with) and great review by Erin. Ascend is doing some interesting work and their new designs are on my list of speakers I want to hear in person. Glad to see an established company not resting on its...
  9. S

AV123 / GR Research X-Voce Speaker Review

Great review. Danny can provide special towels with high thread count or maybe cryo them for a little extra for real audiophiles. I watched the YouTube video and it was very well done and not mean spirited at all. It was objective and fact based. After watching Amir’s video, I watched a...
  10. S

AV123 / GR Research X-Voce Speaker Review

This is a current kit offering. I feel sorry for anyone who buys this kit and puts the effort and time into building it. Danny doesn’t hold back from giving his opinion of other designs. He offers “fixes” for these designs. It’s only fair that his design receives a fair and objective...
  11. S

Topping E2x2 Audio Interface Review

When my son’s Focusrite bites the dust, I’ll get him one of these. He’s not the most careful guy with his gear but he’s only 18 and makes some impressive recordings on the Focusrite. He’s obsessed with eliminating background noise and converted his closet to a vocal recording booth and...
  12. S

Do Hypex Ncore amplifiers overheat?

I still have my first generation NCore NC400 amp (dual mono, separate power supply for each channel, etc. ) and it runs pretty cool, and has been completely reliable for a very long time. It’s at least fifteen years old (don’t recall exactly when Ncore came out) and I use it quite a bit...
  13. S

The latest speaker upgrade kit from GR Research (Danny Richie) costs...

Can you imagine shelling out this kind of money for speakers with unobtainable drivers that have been out of production for decades? These speakers might have been pretty good in their day (I have no idea) but any well designed modern speaker would most likely be several levels higher in...
  14. S

Reliable amps

I had an Aragon 4004 for a long time but it finally burned up. Had it repaired and it still works. Cap blew up but it was easy to repair.
Top Bottom