Recent content by sofastreamer

1. S

Fiio btr15

mine is rebooting at least once every 20 minutes with a loud buzzing sound thru the headphones. the app does loose settings randomly. similar or same problems can be found on many different forums. this thing is in alpha state at best. cannot recommend atm. doesnt sound better than my qudelix...
  2. S

Topping DX3 pro + and Sennheiser HD 600 Hi-gain vs Low-gain.

i find the high gain on my dx3pro+ to sound ever so slightly more vshaped than in low gain. definetly more treble emphasis but also a slightly deeper soundstage. i only use high gain with my 600ohm earbuds and low gain with everything else. low gain on this unit sounds less agressive to my ears.
  3. S

Topping DX3 pro plus: noise in stand-by, possible grounding issue?

mine is having a constant 50hz hum that disappears when touching the unit. even when its only plugged directly to the wall without having attached usb or other inputs. might be a problem of my appartement tho.
  4. S

In 2023, Topping DX3 Pro + vs EX 5 vs G5

you already wrote this else where. why the redundancy?
  5. S

In 2023, Topping DX3 Pro + vs EX 5 vs G5

i own a dx3 pro+ and the g5 and the g5 is noticebly worse in soundquality. it is not bad at all for a portable, but the dx3 has much more authority from top to bottom, more air between the instruments and a much deeper soundstage with sharper positioning. neither dac nor amp are just what the...
  6. S

Topping DX3 Pro+ Review (DAC & Headphone Amp)

as i own both, the g5 and the dx3pro+ i accidently flashed the dx3 with the 1.50 FW of the G5. so far without problems. but i had no problems before. so fingers crossed...
  7. S

Topping G5 Review (Portable DAC & HP Amp)

please let us know how it continous
  8. S

Topping G5 Review (Portable DAC & HP Amp)

must have been defective, as to my ears the dx3+ pushes an extrorinary powerfull bass. the g5 to my ears seems just a hair less powerfull if even.
  9. S

I found out that it was my cabel tv. I do not know what this has to do with the power supply of my flat, but if I detache it from my tv the buzz is gone, (even when the tv is not connected to power)
  10. S

got my dx3 pro+ yesterday, and it seems to have a humming issue. once it is plugged into power and nothing else connected, I can hear a low hum with any of my headphones. The humming lowers in volume any time i put my hand on the topping. if i use it either via bt or usb, the humming will...
  11. S

Topping DX3+, DX5 or something different for listening at very low volume levels?

thx for your advice! 1-2 ohms output impedance with non ba phones are no problem, as you said. with multi ba iems it can be a different story. Could my ifi ie-match solve the noise problem? it brings impedance down and you need to crank the volume up, when using it.
  12. S

Topping DX3+, DX5 or something different for listening at very low volume levels?

I am looking for a dac/headphone amp combo. i do not need any dsp or eq and prefer a flat neutral sound, so the dac/amp should not offer colorations in any way. I will use it with my oppo pm2, Audeze LCD-i3 and akg k872 as well as with multi ba-iems (64 audio u8). Therefore I will need an output...
  13. S

What is it that makes the 598's sound so much better than every other headphones I've tried?

I own the 598s for many years and did not grab them in the last five, as i love some other phones more. when i got them, i compared them to the k701 to find out, which i like better. i found out, that while the akg has an expansive soundstage to the sides, the 598 was far more narrow, but in...
  14. S

The Citroen Hydropneumatic Suspension - of Headphones. The $299 N90Q

Sorry die beeing late to the party, but I do not get the mentioned price tag of 299 . afaik the n90q cost something around 1.200 EUR back in 2017. Could some please help, what the TO is referring to?
Top Bottom