Recent content by Soandso

1. Soandso

A Call For Humor!

Finally revealed - why so many men like more bass:
  2. Soandso

Show us your Cars

They call me baby driver, and once upon a set of wheels I was gone!
  3. Soandso

Horns sound this way? Ribbons sound that way?

Horns? You call what a horn? This is horns:
  4. Soandso

What interesting and tasty cheese are you enjoying today? This is like the spirits thread but for cheese.

Gjetost cheese, a Norwegian treat, is made from fresh whey rendered down and has somewhat of a caramel like flavor. Sold in supermarkets outside of Norway usually in small dense cubes wrapped in red foil you thinly shave some off of. There are on-line recipes for making it and then too rustic...
  5. Soandso

A Call For Humor!

6. Soandso

A Call For Humor!

7. Soandso

ARTTI T10 - PLANAR IEM

ARRT T10 planar iem is inexpensive; I got one for $55 after another ASR member briefly mentioned them. Once I got beyond trying to finesse ear tips (have Dunu S&S tips on now) and trialed them with everything from North African drums, mandolin, xylophone, jazz and classic rock they satisfied me...
  8. Soandso

Why do humans like jazz?

Back in 1946 the jazz dance performer R. Pryor Dodge wrote in the music magazine ‘The Record Changer’ the following: “The essential element in jazz … the melodic line … [has] … an existence and development of it’s own quite apart from the tone or texture qualities … enthusiasts are attracted to...
  9. Soandso

A Call For Humor!

Keeping me in stitches I tell ya:
  10. Soandso

Will I tangibly benefit from adding power?

Maybe use the “Z” weighting instead of dBA which is unweighted. I recall one savvy ASR member specifying that unweighted is more appropriate for testing sound. The dbA and dBC have different readings depending on which frequency is involved. Below is just an example; you can see that complete...
  11. Soandso

Headphones with Glasses?

Some pictures of leather added to my ear pads for eyeglass comfort. Note the leather is very thin - like what a fine leather coat or leather pants are made from (in picture that white arc is of the fingernail to get width comparison). The tightest bonded picture is leather added atop old 1970s...
  12. Soandso

Headphones with Glasses?

I wear eyeglasses all the time when awake. I have very old personally modded headphones that I like. For me the hack was to (leather) glue very thin supple leather right atop the existing ear pads, whether bare foam or already covered by velour, fake leather (pleather) or old leather. Maybe I’m...
  13. Soandso

Post pictures of anything, with comment...couple words.

How it started:
  14. Soandso

Post pictures of anything, with comment...couple words.

From snail mail to star mail:
  15. Soandso

heart condition

I’m a USA geriatric cardiac patient and reading your thread I see you in the past received a stent and also now have what I’ll generalize as weakness. Here we have an outpatient intervention called “enhanced external counter pulsation” which clinically initiates the heart to actually make new...
Top Bottom