Recent content by Snoochers

1. S

UMIK-1 and Anthem ARC show different responses. What gives?

I don't have a great ear but recently I've noticed my system a bit lacking in the deep bass. I ran some sinewaves too and seemed like the loudness of bass dropped quickly under 40hz (even knowing that lower frequencies generally sound quieter). I ran REW with my UMIK-1 to check it out and sure...
  2. S

Got my REW reverberation (RT60) graphs. Please comment!

Thanks for the reply. I think generally we listen at fairly moderate volume. I haven’t been bothered by highs anyway. I don’t know if I should keep ramping up the base or not
  3. S

Thanks!! I don’t know much about room curves but gave it a shot. Do you think the slope of my lines looks decent?
  4. S

OK i ran it again this time with a crazy deep bass boost in Anthem ARC. Weird that I had to do that but seems to flatten it a bit in the 20hz-30hz. range.
  5. S

Thanks I'm going to play around. What confuses me is that the measurements from the EQ software look good and the curve is flat/high down to 15hz but in REW it looks like you see above. Is it just a difference in software or mics or something? I reckon REW+UMIK is more trustworthy than Anthem...
  6. S

The woofer is the 21SW152-4. I don't know the nature of the enclosure exactly in terms of acoustics but the https://data-bass.com/# testing shows healthy responses in the 20hz range
  7. S

Thanks for your reply. The room is mostly symmetrical and the speakers are similarly placed in terms of distance from the walls. I do have 4 inch absorbers at the first reflection. It might not be perfectly placed. My subwoofers are 21 inches each in huge 3 x 3 x 3 ported boxes. I forget the...
  8. S

@alex-z @ernestcarl You guys are absolute champions. I've read your posts and tried a few things. I ended up landing on a page about my receiver that mentioned a new beta Anthem ARC version that had a comprehensive phase alignment analysis. It took a few minutes to run and that may have solved...
  9. S

@alex-z @abdo123 @ernestcarl OK I played around some more and was able to get HDMI etc. Long story short here is my SPL from my LCR and my two subs. This is post EQ correction from Anthem ARC but the uncorrected isn't terribly different. As you can see a sizeable null in the 65hz region that I...
  10. S

Perhaps the speakers aren't perfectly aligned but they should be reasonably close. They're toed in horizontally and a touch vertically and maybe the mic wasn't dead center. I'm not too worried about the higher end discrepancies though I will have a look. The dip in the lower end is a concern...
  11. S

@alex-z @abdo123 @ernestcarl I ran REW today again after doing anthem ARC calibration and this is my SPL. I thought it would be flatter? These are KEF R7s so should be pretty good out of the box. The non EQed curves are slightly worse. I guess this is inside a room and I'm zoomed in fairly...
  12. S

Oh I see thank you! If this shows the frequency response then that could be slightly problematic to interpret. This sound I think is corrected with Anthem ARC and isn't virgin. I have not run a new correction with the treatments so could change a touch.
  13. S

Yes for sure, and I wouldn’t know if this data is brag worthy or embarrassing. If you told me was a huge issue and my data look like crap then I would certainly try to fix some things down the road. But if things look pretty good then I’m going to leave it as it is. I do need to add diffusion...
  14. S

Thanks for this. Unfortunately I think I’m done. All that insulation is leaning against the rear wall with wood and wires supporting it and everything so I don’t think I’m going back there ever again ha ha. I think the results are decently good?
Top Bottom