Recent content by Smitty2k1

1. S

WiiM Pro Plus Streamer Review

My Denon AVR has Heos built in and I hate it so much. I just use it to stream music from a local file server and the Wiim (running LMS) is such a better experience.
  2. S

WiiM Mini Review (Streamer)

Has the Wiim Mini gotten the native LMS support that the pro and pro plus have?
  3. S

WiiM Amp Streaming Amplifier Review

Is anyone using a Wiim (amp or otherwise) to watch live TV and broadcast to a separate amp/speaker system through a second Wiim? How's the audio delay/lip sync? We have a house wired for in-ceiling speakers but until the Wiims came along no good way to use those speakers for TV watching...
  4. S

Kali Audio LP-UNF

Not that I've had any issues with them but I sort of regret getting the Vanatoo T0+ recently. Mostly because I don't like the looks. They sound good Edit: actually these look a fair amount larger than the Vanatoo.
  5. S

Help Shape Our Upcoming CD Player for 2024

1. No 2. Yes 3. Yes 4. No 5. USB power! 6. Yes I think a simple, well performing desktop CD player at a good value price is missing from the market. No need to distinguish it with battery power or CD ripping.
  6. S

Squeezebox replacement...

Wiim Mini doesn't have native LMS support like the Pro and Pro Plus as far as I'm aware. When I used my mini with LMS I had to do "stream mode" or something and it limited some functionality (e.g. replaygain) but it did "work". Hopefully Wiim adds that functionality to the Mini, which would...
  7. S

WiiM Amp discussion

Thanks for sharing, I think this is the first PCB_5 we have seen?
  8. S

Stereo DAC/amp with HDMI ARC Support?

MiniDSP Flex HT if you're willing to do a separate power amp?
  9. S

Powered 2.0/2.1 consumer ultra near-field PC speakers with no audible idle hiss 2024

I don't hear any hiss. Zero. You don't really need a DAC with the Vanatoo. It has digital inputs and converts the analog back to digital to do DSP anyways. However, I'm using a DAC/headphone amp combo because I couldn't figure out out how else to do headphones with this setup using two...
  10. S

WiiM Amp discussion

Almost certainly would....
  11. S

Powered 2.0/2.1 consumer ultra near-field PC speakers with no audible idle hiss 2024

I'm thrilled with my Vanatoo Transparent Zero Plus and I'm sure I'd be even happier with the Transparent One Encore.... As you can see I also have a tiny desk
  12. S

WiiM Amp discussion

Why not contact Wiim? Seems they have acknowledged this and I assume will offer a replacement?
  13. S

WiiM Pro Streamer

I'm curious to know too as I'm looking to connect the audio of my TV to my whole home in-ceiling speaker system for the super bowl.
  14. S

Denon AVR-X3800H Review

I think you should ready up on Audyssey, several threads here and AVS Forum. Unfortunately it seems to be more of an "art" rather than a science when it comes to taking your measurements and adjusting Audyssey settings. Also invest in the $20 phone app or $200 computer program for maximum...
Top Bottom