Recent content by smallricey

1. S

Focal Elegia Review (Closed Back Headphone)

Did you use EQ as well? How would they be DAC picky if you could just change the sound by software?
  2. S

New Sennheiser pads measured.

I would've agreed with you if that's the only pair of headset i have. I was using Focal Elegia explicitly since the high freq wasn't so annoying. I kept the 4XX to listen explicitly on 80's rock and guitar, which is rare and few. One day, I got lazy to switch headphone and listened to jazz and...
  3. S

New Sennheiser pads measured.

I feel like my Hifiman 4XX's high frequency is less pronounced after half year of use. Does that match the measurement? Or could worn pad increase the low & the mid range to balance everything out a bit?
  4. S

Hifiman Sundara Review (headphone)

Or maybe I just got old. Lost some higher freqhearing.
  5. S

The point is subliminally your eyes are tricking your brain, so in your mind it does sound better. Which is good, but in reality it doesn't. So what poor people want is to be good to their wallet too. So for people who don't care about money and do not listen to music blind folded, you are...
  6. S

So here is what happened with the burn in. I own Hifiman 4XX and Focal Elegia. When I was listening to 4XX I find the phone come off as too bright for vocal and sound stage is quite small. It's pretty painful to listen to any jazz or miles davis recording. So I have been listening to Elegia...
  7. S

Review and Measurements of CHORD Qutest DAC

Just like expensive dish would add gold leaf to raise up it's value. It doesn't taste better, so why do they do it?
  8. S

Play Classics Reviews, Sound Quality, Feedback

I want to chime in on the review, I tested Ad Astra and Modern Times and compared to another Brenno Ambrosini - Liszt and Academia Wind Quintet. I'm listening for clarity, instrument separation, and ground noise. The recording def. did a phenomenal job on these part. I can tell the...
  9. S

PlayClassics TRT v2.1j master file giveaway for ASR members

I would like to listen to the Modern Times and Ad Astra if that's possible. Thanks
  10. S

Why aren't cinemas targeting sub 20hz response?

I think I can hear shit at 15hz...no joke. 15hz - 15khaz.
Top Bottom