Recent content by sliboo

1. sliboo

Denon X3700H vs x4700H

A few other things I noted the 4700 has over the 3700: - A larger display (2 lines instead of 1) with more information (which is available on TV for both otherwise). - Hardware navigation buttons so you can use/configure the unit without the remote. - A better remote that can serve as a...
  2. sliboo

[EU] Bought: Denon AVR/AVC x3600h/x3700h/x4700h

Bought a x3700h new. Can be closed.
  3. sliboo

Replacement for an old AVR used mostly for music

Yep, I ended up finding a good deal on a new x3700h so I went with this. Hopefully the new DACs in it will have close performance to the AKM ones. So far, it seems to be similar to what I remember of the previous amp (hardly a blind comparison since the old amp has been dead for several...
  4. sliboo

[EU] Bought: Denon AVR/AVC x3600h/x3700h/x4700h

Hello, Just in case someone is considering selling a Denon AVR x3600h or x3700h or x4700h in Europe, I'd potentially be interested ;-) I'm in France. Thanks.
  5. sliboo

Thanks all. This confirm my most logical course of action is to go for a Denon AVR (ideally used 3700 or 3600 but not a lot to be found!), and look into better stereo gear to enhance it later. As for repairing the old unit, yes I was not planning on doing it alone but with help of more...
  6. sliboo

Any other suggestions ? Thanks guys :)
  7. sliboo

Interesting, that has specs that would fit me and can be found at reasonable prices, but do you know how it rates on measurements compared to eg the Denon ?
  8. sliboo

Well thanks for this repair advice ! Indeed I felt like the transformer itself might have equivalents, but the Marantz accredited repair shop here told me they couldn't do anything more, and not being into electronics I didn't feel like experimenting with high current boards ;-) I kept the...
  9. sliboo

Hello ASR, I've been reading the forum for some time, and being an engineer, really enjoy the focus on measurable facts and not marketing stuff/audiophile legends! Sadly a while back my beloved 17 years old AVR (Marantz SR 5400 OSE -- supposedly "better sounding" version) stopped working and...
  10. sliboo

[SOLD] FS: Hifiberry Digi+ Pro and Case (Europe)

Hello, Is this still available for sale ? Thanks,
Top Bottom