Recent content by skypickle

1. S

magtech amps?

@Addicted to music did the dead card have any visible signs of failure? I didnt see any charring in your pics.
  2. S

magtech amps?

Pardon my ignorance, but what does an input buffer do anyway? Does it add noise/distortion?
  3. S

Review and Measurements of Schiit Aegir PWR Amplifier

Schit writes this on their website: Power That Scales Aegir provides 20W into 8 ohms, doubling to 40W into 4 ohms. Run mono, and you’ll see 80W into 8 ohms. Best of all, Continuity ensures you see Class-A-like performance at all these power outputs What is 'Class - A - like performance'...
  4. S

magtech amps?

Which VTV are you driving your salon2s with? I am using a cinepro but want to move to mono blocks. How did you decide which input buffer to order?
  5. S

magtech amps?

What did you decide on instead?
  6. S

Audiophiles Rejoice: The Nyquist–Shannon sampling theorem actually proves high-res audio is real and works

Thank you to all who replied. I would have gotten it sooner if you said blue light and green light can never make red light.
  7. S

Audiophiles Rejoice: The Nyquist–Shannon sampling theorem actually proves high-res audio is real and works

Yes crap. that is what we are talking about. Audible noise that is the result of interference of two signals above the audible range. I guess I am just too stupid to interpret 'high SPLs and nonlinearity of air' and ' inter-modulation distortion product' . Those words are not used in the...
  8. S

and here is a better explanation https://www.explainthatstuff.com/directional-loudspeakers.html This is a clear example where humans do hear audible signals resulting from the interference of two tones above the human range of hearing, FAR above the human range of hearing.
  9. S

I demonstrated that linear addition can result in positive and negative interference. Where there is positive interference, there is more energy - greater excursions of the speaker diaphragm. Where there is negative interference, there is less energy, the diaphragm doesn't move . In my graph...
  10. S

@waynel I think I was sloppy w my math but here are some pix The red sin wave and the blue sin wave destructively interfere at 180 That is what I mean by saying a beat is heard. So if red and blue are above 20 khz I can still hear green beats
  11. S

Although we cannot hear much above 20khz , tones above that frequency can result in interference ‘beats’ that we can hear. Consider 30khz and 31 khz. They will interfere with a given beat every 30 seconds or so. Or consider 30 kHz and 60khz. Any number of supra aural frequencies can combine to...
  12. S

terminator vs terminator PLUS

I will do so if the owner of this forum (Amir) specifically allows me in a public post.
  13. S

In the spirit of quantifying psychoacoustics and perhaps developing a measurement or calculation of a matrix of electronic parameters that reflects the subjective experience, I would like to make available the book, “sound reproduction: the acoustics and psychoacoustics of loudspeakers and...
  14. S

in this forum, any question besides 'are measurements available' is subject to the condemnation of 'subjectivism'. so i'll refrain from asking for audible differences and psychoacoustic comparisons
  15. S

@Killingbeans yes I know my question was vague and subjective. ASR being what it is , I should simply ask if measurements are available. ? ? ? In the spirit of objective analysis, I wish there was a way we could do blind testing remotely - but how does one simulate hearing? Any...
Top Bottom