Recent content by skymusic20

1. S

A-s301 vs s-750h

Hello. I read you own the Yamaha A-S301. Can you please let me know if you recommend it for stereo music listening? I want it for music 100% (not interested in movies at this point, I already have an AVR for that purpose in another room) I want to connect a CD player and an entry level...
  2. S

Sony SS-CS5 3-way Speaker Review

hahaha, didn't say you must be rich. Having limited time/space is not helpful though.
  3. S

What are the reasons to choose Class A/AB/H over D in this day and age?

As far as I know today nearly any cheap device that reproduces music is class D. Your cellphone, boomboxes, bluetooth speakers, your TV, your car sterero, all in one cheap home theaters, all in one mini audio systems, big speakers for parties, laptops, cheap PC active speakers, etc, etc. As...
  4. S

Speakers that produce astonishing soundstaging/imaging?

Now that I remember, I have listened to side-firing-woofer speakers and it seems to me those speakers might really make a difference on soundstage. The owner had such side-firing-woofer speakers with woofers firing outward... woofers were pointing at the walls, and very close to those walls...
  5. S

My guess is that speakers won't do much to make a difference on soundstage/imaging. (Recordings will) But Im probably wrong and I hope Im wrong.
  6. S

Isn't that soundstage and imaging also have a lot to do with this or that particular recording?
  7. S

Sony SS-CS5 3-way Speaker Review

I think we can say that Sony SSCS5 seem more oriented for teenagers/students or anyone who live with some space and time limitations. Some photos above seem coming from student's rooms. Audiophiles have dedicated rooms for music listening. Audiophiles have enough time to dedicate exclusively to...
  8. S

Trying to understand the turntable/vinyl world...

Thanks!!! I had no clue about such a document!!
  9. S

Ha, I think you are right. Back in the days when turntables were the only (or main) device to listen to music.... Are we going to believe people only owned Technics/Thorens/Dual and the like? I guess most people had whatever was mass produced. Back in those days maybe people who owned High...
  10. S

I agree with what you said. I believe my LP records are nowhere near as in good shape as the ones that belong to older and more knowledgeable music lovers or audiophiles. Don't get me wrong, Im careful about all my stuff (car, clothes, shoes, etc), specially electronics and so. About one third...
  11. S

Well, I thought CD players were precision machines as much as a TT are. Maybe Im wrong. Doesn't laser has to be very precisely focused at the right spot while the motor has to spin at constant angular velocity all the time? Maybe CDs being digital media have a lot more room for signal correction...
  12. S

That's it.... I wonder why in 2021 it seems a bit hard to find the equivalent of a Pioneer PL120: It is a TT which is cheap enough for a high school student and still sounds good...
  13. S

Can not find that video... I have watched several of his videos, he is entertaining... I can not say I agree or disagree with him because I lack the knowledge and/or experience to understand everything he says but it is fun to watch.
  14. S

Thanks for the advice... Actually, my TT lacks VTA... So I guess Im very limited as to which carts I can try... (Probably will need to play with mats...)
  15. S

Haha, you are right, sorry, I apologize about all the long nonsense Trying to get to the point is... Why an old mature technology is so expensive nowadays? And why new TTs are supposedly so junk that it is much better deal to go buy vintage... (Like today nobody will go and buy a TV from the...
Top Bottom