Recent content by skyfly

1. S

Bose 901 Series VI ver 2 ("Final Edition") Measurements and Review

Questions to those with 901 experience. (I have no 901s on hand now, but I have a friend owning 901 Series IV (blue drivers, not version 2)) How did you adjust tonal balance by ear? It was somewhat difficult (or different from conventional front firing speakers, or the particular pair of 901s...
  2. S

room size resonance mismatch

Any insights? Can such a sharp long-lasting peak be due to a defective bass reflex system of the loudspeakers?
  3. S

how directional are ears 320Hz - 500 Hz?

How directional are human ears at and above 320 Hz? How many decibels apart depending on whether the sound is from front or back? In a friend's listening room, with an omni-directional measurement mic, I can measure some bad influence, elevating decibel figures on average, of the wall behind...
  4. S

room size resonance mismatch

5.15 meters from the wall behind the speakers to the wall behind the listening sofa (the left side - in the view of the listener - is open to some additional space, another room, kitchen, and hallway) (343/5.15)*(1/2) = 33.3 Hz However, the room resonance frequency when L and R speakers are...
  5. S

Rogers LS3/5a (BBC) Speaker Review

LS3/5A was designed for use in a broadcast vehicle, which is smaller than many people's rooms. In the past, I owned a pair of Rogers LS3/5A for use in the living room. I was disappointed by their sound and sold them.
  6. S

Rogers LS3/5a (BBC) Speaker Review

I am not sure whether the speakers reviewed represent the model. They could be damaged, repaired to non-factory standard, etc.
  7. S

different wall distance recommendation - Bose 901

Any insights? Especially, the Japanese recommendation is very different. the distance from the rear of the speaker to the wall behind the speaker Bose 901 Series VI: 20 - 45 cm Bose 901 Life style: > 20 cm, 40 cm Bose 901 WestBorough: 20 - 60 cm
  8. S

Bose 901 Series VI EQ mid treble slider info

Thanks. I saw those before posting.
  9. S

Bose 901 Series VI EQ mid treble slider info

The mid treble and mid bass slider in Bose 901 Series VI EQ are not linear, in the sense that the slider position from the center by distance and the change in dB are not linearly related. Measured with low end Focusrite USB interface. Left channel measured. Bass: 1 Mid bass: +4 Mid treble: -6...
  10. S

mid-high timing by LR separate EQ for bass

I wanted to try different LR bass parametric eqs (different cut/boost, different frequency, different Q value) to address sharp suck out at certain bass frequency (51 ~ 52 Hz) (L+R is quieter than L only or R only at the listening position; the narrow suck out is over 20 dB with 1/48 octave...
  11. S

mid-high timing by LR separate EQ for bass

If I do EQ (parametric EQ in RME ADI-2 DAC) differently on left and right channels for bass, will I have timing mismatch (phase mismatch) of left and right channels for mid and high frequencies?
  12. S

heated dummy head for memory foam on some headphones?

Is there heated dummy head for measuring headphones with memory foam? In my experience with Bose QC3 over-ear noise cancelling headphones, the noise cancelling improves after some time has passes since I put it on - noticed by my response to family members' calling me at home -. Probably the...
  13. S

Topping DX7 Pro+ Review (DAC & HP Amp)

I wish Topping makes a DAC with parametric EQ.
  14. S

PS Audio Ultimate Outlet Review

A power line filter, be it from a hi-fi audio brand or a computer market brand, filters RF freqency, not audio frequency. The asserted benefit for audio is reduced intermodulation with RF noise, not reduced harmonic components below 20kHz at the power socket. RF intermodulation is real. I saw...
  15. S

Chord GroundARAY Review (Noise Filter?)

I might have misunderstood, but I remember I heard from computer guys that Ethernet sockets spec'ed 1 Gbps or higher have ground isolation.
Top Bottom