Recent content by skyfly

1. S

Adam A5X Review (Powered Studio Monitor)

Can anyone test scientifically? We can just send 20Hz - 100 Hz to A5X, and see whether we measure some mid frequency noise. If yes, that mid frequency problem will be reduced by sending low frequency to subwoofer.
  2. S

Is this a 50 Hz - 15 kHz mic? A usual way to write spec?

For a cardioid mic that is to be placed quite close to the mouth, a headset mic, is it usual to write 50 Hz - 15 kHz for this frequency response curve?
  3. S

Marantz SA-10 Review (SACD Player & DAC)

Could you test "inter sample over"?
  4. S

Topping A50s input impedance?

What is the input impedance of Topping A50s? I could not find the owner's manual on Topping web site.
  5. S

flac file played by blu-ray to DAC: bit perfect?

The DAC does not display sample rate or bit depth. It merely shows which input (optical, coaxial, USB) is selected.
  6. S

Measurements: "ESS Hump" revisited (Khadas Tone Board V1.3)

I saw a THD vs signal level graph of the analogue output of RME babyface with ESS chip in a youtube review. The curve looked like that of a class G power amp.
  7. S

I guess the Blu-ray player decodes the FLAC file. It can search playable audio/video files on the UBS stick inserted to the USB socket on the front panel. The list of playable music file types on a disk or USB (from manual). mp3, wma, wav, m4a(DRM Free), flac
  8. S

Is this a bi-perfect playback? FLAC file played by a Blu-ray player -> HDMI cable -> TV -> optical cable -> hi-fi stereo DAC
  9. S

What are the reasons to choose Class A/AB/H over D in this day and age?

I do not think Class D amps are unrepairable. I guess that, due to low price, replacing the whole board or whole unit costs less than having a service technician replace a couple of parts on the board.
  10. S

Topping D30Pro Review (Balanced DAC)

I listened to a system with such a connection. Blu-ray player HDMI -> TV optical -> hi-fi DAC. The sound was more tiring than the sound from laptop USB -> hi-fi DAC in the same system. However, it was long time ago, when the jitter reduction in hi-fi DAC was not so good. Many years ago, a...
  11. S

Topping D30Pro Review (Balanced DAC)

Several years ago, I tested a Toslink In-Coax out or Coax in-Toslink out adapter from Amazon. It was not specifically for hi-fi market. It added quite much jitter when connected to a hi-fi DAC (analog output measured with Focusrite USB interface - I don't remember whether it was 2i2 or Solo -.).
  12. S

your RME ADI-2 DAC FS drops one channel selectively?

Thanks a lot for your suggestion. I posted questions on the RME forum. As the return period is short, I may return it before RME replies my posts. why haze from the factory? dropping one channel on some tracks
  13. S

your RME ADI-2 DAC FS drops one channel selectively?

I am testing my newly bought RME ADI-2 DAC FS. It shows "C" next to the serial number (ESS dac chip inside). There is a serious problem that might make me return this DAC. I already downloaded and ran the software installations (firmware and driver) from the RME web site. The DAC selectively...
  14. S

[RME ADI-2 DAC FS] vs [Behringer DEQ2496 + pure stereo DAC]?

Thanks all. He also noticed that Behringer DEQ2496 does not have a USB input. The RME ADI-2 DAC FS seems to have all the things he needs plus extra(e.g. headphone amp) in one chassis.
Top Bottom