Recent content by Strumbringer

1. Strumbringer

Apple Music LosslessSwitcher app for Mac

Didn't work for me either. Apparently, it works for Apple streaming, which I don't have/use. I was hoping it would switch for local files, which it does not (for me anyway).
  2. Strumbringer

Eversolo DMP-A6 Streamer Review

I'd like to get some input on my current set up to see if you all think I'd benefit from the A6. I currently have all my CD's (several hundred) saved on my MacBook Pro as ALAC files, which are played with the Apple Music app. I have a handful of high-res audio albums (FLAC) that are played on...
  3. Strumbringer

If you were to have an external CD drive connected, you would see the names of the tracks on the A6 screen. Curious if you would see the names of the tracks if a Blu-ray player was connected. If so, I would not have the need to have the Blu-ray player connected to a monitor or television. This...
  4. Strumbringer

Quick question, as I could not find an answer on-line: Can I connect my blu-ray player (for blu-ray audio, not movies) and see menu choices for songs/tracks on the A6 screen?
  5. Strumbringer

That would be ideal and solve my problem. Fingers crossed!
  6. Strumbringer

OK- thank you! Seems like for local files, I have no option unless I manually change sample rate (too cumbersome). I suppose I'll just leave things as-is.
  7. Strumbringer

Got it- that would make sense then. Yes, I've quit Collibri and just tried the ALAC files and Audio/MIDI still reads 96.0, etc. Based on the comment above, it might be that it doesn't work on local files, but just Apple Music streaming.
  8. Strumbringer

Bumping with a question: I'm sure it's user error, but I can't get Lossless Switcher to work or do anything. My Audio/MIDI app is currently set to 96.0 kHz, as I was just listening to some files using a different media player (Collibri) that plays FLAC files. I switched to my Apple Music app...
  9. Strumbringer

Sennheiser HD800S Review (Headphone)

I've had my HD800S for several weeks now and have been using Amir's EQ preset. I prefer it substantially over the Harmon/Oratory1990 presets. I saved all on my RME ADI2 DAC and A/B, noting that the Amir preset is much more to my liking.:D
  10. Strumbringer

SOTA Pyxi Phono Stage Review

I was fortunate enough to borrow the prototype Pyxi and got to A/B it for a week with my iFi Zen Phono. I was expecting it to be a very close competitor with the iFi Zen. Boy, was I wrong. I was so impressed with the Pyxi, so I bought one. Actual user experience (mine): There is ZERO noise...
  11. Strumbringer

SoTA Pyxi phono preamplifier

Very close to mine, indeed. Yours appears to have an extra metal ring at the base of the platter on the plinth, while mine does not.
  12. Strumbringer

Thanks- yes, I learned that in order to have 47kOhm loading on my iFi Zen, I would only be able to have 48 db of gain, which was not enough. If I wanted 60 db of gain, I had to choose 1kOhm loading. The Pyxi has more flexibility with the options and sounds better to my ears.
  13. Strumbringer

I recently borrowed the prototype for a week and really enjoyed it. So much so, that I decided to purchase. I like it better than my iFi Zen Phono pre. Not only do I feel the midrange and highs have better crispness and clarity, it has more range of settings to match my Grado Statement Sonata 1...
  14. Strumbringer

ifi Zen Phono Review (phono stage)

I did find some sources that state the iFi Zen Phono does indeed add +6dB via the balanced outs: “Other than the extra 6dB of gain and double the maximum output voltage, we found no differences between the balanced and unbalanced outputs, provided the balanced output was referenced to 2Vrms...
  15. Strumbringer

ifi Zen Phono Review (phono stage)

Just noticed that I could use the balanced out for an extra 6dB, so technically, I could select the 47kOhm/48 dB setting and get 47kOhm/ 54 dB. Not quite 60 dB, but a tad closer. I suppose I’ll just stay with the 1kOhm/60 dB setting, as referenced above.
Top Bottom