Recent content by sitherion

1. S

New All-in-one amplifier

I meant to say "not a dedicated" subwoofer output but rather a generic one. I feel, and might be wrong, that a dedicated sub out offers better results. But that's pure assumption from my part.
  2. S

New All-in-one amplifier

Actually yeah! That sounds a much better option that doing the whole process again and again.
  3. S

New All-in-one amplifier

For me, if I had the luxury of a dedicated study/listening room that's where I would love to use room correction.
  4. S

New All-in-one amplifier

Just to clarify also on the room correction. While demoing the amplifiers I tested Dirac and Lyngdorf's. What I didn't like is that both make the assumption that where you calibrate with the mic is where you will be sitting at all times. Exactly there. No other people in the room, no moving of...
  5. S

New All-in-one amplifier

Hey mate, service wise the guys from Lyngdorf replied back fast and in all the questions, so I was happy with that. Price wise, here in the UK Lyngdorf's price is only £250 lower compared against the EVO 150 (£2K vs £2,250) - so that difference in price wasn't an issue at that level of...
  6. S

The kit we bought, our current setups

Cambridge Audio EVO 150, ProJect X1, Klipsch RP-8000F ( + Klipsch SPL-120 sub not in photo) Bought a mont ago with help from the forum and a loooot of on-sight demos. I love the sound from Klipsch, very clean, and I am really happy with the connectivity from EVO.
  7. S

New All-in-one amplifier

Hi Sebastian, I bought Cambridge Audio EVO 150 a month ago, after testing on site against NAD M33, Lyngdorf TDAI-1120, NAIM Unity Atom and Arcam SA-30. EVO 150 won me over because of its clean sound (some people might not like it) and its connectivity options (easy to connect my iPad, hard...
  8. S

Power issue with the headphone output in my amplifier.

I ended up remembering that I have a FiiO A3 somewhere and I used that. Actually didn’t alter the quality…no hissing or anything, but increased the volume output significantly. As a comparison I used to have it all the way up to 65-70, now is down to 30. More aligned to my AE-9 output.
  9. S

Anyone Else Buying New Vinyl?

hahaha it might be the fact also that I’m Greek and English is not my mother language (I’m not being sarcastic here). It does not sound so bad to my ears as to a native speaker I assume. I’ve been living for 12 years in the U.K. but still I read somewhere that you never get native proficiency...
  10. S

You get easily offended for someone who just got off the train from Patroniseville full luggage on hand. Refrain from playing smart to people and from “assuming” 1.8 billion persons think and act alike and maybe, then maybe you get the politeness you do demand but do not show.
  11. S

My cohorts…dude…you just read a post and you know what my cohorts are. Ok Sherlock.
  12. S

I wrote the appeal above. It has nothing to do with retro but with the process. That was your interpretation. I love people patronise in telling what we like, how we should like it and why.
  13. S

Mark Liberman disagrees with the above statement Language Log » Peeve emergence: The case of "vinyls" (upenn.edu) (Yes, I am 35yr old millennial) :)
  14. S

Power issue with the headphone output in my amplifier.

So, I bought the Cambridge Audio EVO 150 after research on this forum (many, many thanks for all the help; I owe you pics when I get receive speakers too), making a final list of 5 candidates (NAD M10, Lyngdorf TDAi 1120, Naim Uniti Atom, Arcam SA30, EVO 150), then checking them out live in demo...
Top Bottom