Recent content by sir_frigorifero

1. S

AMP for 2.0 and 2.1 Powered Desktop Monitors

your best bet is to upgrade your monitors to something more powerful, or switch to a passive speaker
  2. S

Purifi 1ET7040SA by Rouge Audio Design first review i founded

i think that most of us take these reviewers with a grain of salt since all of them have strong bias towards certain products (whathifi gives 5 stars to all UK products) and they lack any kind of critical approach to the subject
  3. S

Purifi 1ET7040SA by Rouge Audio Design first review i founded

while reviewing this piece is interesting being one of the first on the market with the new purifi module, the outlet is the typical subjectivist old-style audiophile non-sense. stay clear from that site unless you want a good laugh reading their articles
  4. S

LTT Lab is going Brüel & Kjær

my bad. i thought there wasn't a thread since i did not find it in the HP subforum
  5. S

LTT Lab is going Brüel & Kjær

Linus Tech Tips is starting to do Headphone reviews using the scientific approach by getting a B&K 5128 and hiring a dedicated Headphone Engineer. In the video they explain the reasons of doing this methodology of reviewing which is basically what most of us ASR users know. in the end they also...
  6. S

Looking for Schiit Modi 3+ and Magni Heresy equivalent that can be bought in EU

you have topping stack, sabaj stack, the atom amp, etc. or you can get schiit products directly from US, the shipping is not cheap but quite fast. EU shops seems to have longer waiting time
  7. S

Shenzhenaudio Topping EX5 Review (DAC and Headphone Amplifier)

https://www.audiophonics.fr/fr/dac-avec-volume/topping-ex5-amplificateur-casque-dac-2x-es9038q2m-bluetooth-50-ldac-32bit-768khz-dsd512-mqa-argent-p-15493.html Now also listed on Audiophonics for European folks
  8. S

class d amplifier for Lonpoo LP42

allo volt+D suits the job really well
  9. S

Allo Volt+ D Amplifier Review

for a desktop setup 19-24V and 4-5A are more than enough for squeezing some good volume out of every speaker
  10. S

Topping PA3: subjective impressions

PA3 psu's too powerful for the volt. 19-24V is the acceptable range, 31V the upper limit. amir's test shown that 19V gives the best results at the cost of some power
  11. S

Topping PA3: subjective impressions

probably it's the fact that developing cheap amplifiers with performance on par with DACs and headamps is way more difficult and require a lot of work on the boards making them not so small (see the Allo Volt+D) or just use some modules like ICEpower but you will still be limited by their...
  12. S

Review and Measurements of SMSL AD18 DAC & Amp

SA300 has no optical nor coaxial which is a clear step down in a multimedial setup. if you want higher quality then you can wait and try the loxjie when it'll come out in the market
  13. S

i think you need to clarify what you're looking for. do you want a multimedia all-in-one amplifier o an hifi amplifier? even then in this price tag you have little choices for the latter in a measurements prospective, maybe the Volt+D or a second hand class AB
  14. S

i've never heared about reliability issues. there shouldn't be any problems with it, just buy it from amazon or another dealer with solid warranty. you can take a look at other similar models if you want like topping mx3 or smsl sa300. loxjie has a similar unit dropping soon too
  15. S

Allo Volt+ D Amplifier Review

I use a power plug with a switch. It makes a little buzz but not noticeable past 10-20cm from the speakers
Top Bottom