Recent content by simple6

1. simple6

Marantz AV10 AV Processor Review

In the video Matt revisits his past experiences with Audyssey and also mentions that prior to testing DL on the AV10 he had done 2 DL calibrations for clients of his within the same week. I am not saying he cannot be wrong but learned the hard way not to trust D+M blindly when it comes to room...
  2. simple6

Marantz AV10 AV Processor Review

Great comment. On the matter of room correction and reliability, I saw with interest the audioholics video by Gene and Matt on the room correction implementation in the AV10. Where they run both Audyssey X and Dirac Live in the same space. It is concerning that Dirac Live was not working...
  3. simple6

Active Room Treatment (ART) by Dirac

The most probable way an alternative solution to audio delivery can be brought to market and seek wider adoption is if tech companies throw serious money at it. Even better if they create their own standard. Some kind of audio multichannel wifi. Thinking of Sony, Apple, Amazon, Sonos, Google.
  4. simple6

Active Room Treatment (ART) by Dirac

Something that sets ART apart from everything else on the market is utilising subs above 80hz so they act as noise cancellers up to 150-200hz. This is huge. GLM does not phase correct. So, IMHO, we have: Audyssey<GLM<ARC?<Dirac Live<DLBC<current Trinnov Auto EQ<ART<Future Trinnov auto EQ
  5. simple6

Sony WH-1000XM4 Review (noise cancelling headphone)

I’m afraid not. Learned to survive with the boomy bass‍
  6. simple6

Unfortunately those do not work with Spotify or Apple Podcasts, which is a must for me. Apparently there was an app called SpotEQ for Spotify but due to restrictions, they had to pull it off the AppStore. So annoying!
  7. simple6

Any EQ capability options for iOS users? Particularly annoying that the Sony app does not let you touch <400 Hz where the main issues are.
  8. simple6

Trinnov Altitude 16 Review (AV Processor)

Can I please ask how you converted SPDIF to digital AES/EBU for the 4 channels feeding into your LCR? Is there a cost-effective way of doing this through a single device?
  9. simple6

Can Dirac overcome the Onkyo RZ50 shortcomings? X3700H instead?

They are launching this spring I think. Some EU prices have already been announced by local distributors.
  10. simple6

Onkyo TX-RZ50 Review (Home Theater AVR)

That’s a bit too hard of an ask for the average enthusiast. What if the task is to integrate 2-4 subs? Do that manually? Reading through forums, less than 50% of the people that attempt it are successful. I’d prefer auto bass management any day compared to an extra resampling. I see your point...
  11. simple6

KEF Q350 Speaker Review

I am now also considering these for use as surrounds (I'm a fan of coaxials for multichannel systems). Anyone experimented with more solid port plugs than those in the box? Amir mentioned that the provided plugs were not that effective. Can we assume that if we plug the port and cross them to a...
  12. simple6

Genelec 8351B Review (Studio Monitor)

Were the 8351s ran with 1-2 subs or only by themselves? Monitors + subs is the only valid comparison against a full range tower like the Salon 2
  13. simple6

What budget speakers you like to see reviewed?

I just bought a pair of Focal Dome Flax as surrounds. In Europe they cost around 300 euros each. Would be great to see how they look on the NFS :-) I would send one over for review but I'm based in Central Europe...
  14. simple6

Multi channel music with active digital speakers

There are a few threads on this subject in different parts of the internet. The best solution would be an AV processor with digital out signal per channel. Altitude 32 (and a few other processors) do it but not for cheap. There is a hope that Trinnov may release a digital only multichannel...
  15. simple6

new KEF KC62 dual 6.5" subwoofer

It would be awesome if a reviewer could put them next to each other and take some shots for us to better understand also the size differences. A visual size comparison to a standard 10-12 inch sub would be even better.
Top Bottom