Recent content by shoto

1. S

Usb c dac not work with battery pack supply?

I tested on different pc with both usb and usbc port. Again usb works while usb c doesnt, so its usb c related problem and not a device specfic one.
  2. S

The power line from phone is left unconnected. only the usb device gets power from pack.
  3. S

I modified a usb c to cable to add external 5v battery pack input to be able extend the phone battery when devices are connected. For BHD pro DAC this cable works with my pc but when I try with my phone it does not work. BHD had red light in 'connected' state but it wont go into the 'playing'...
  4. S

TempoTec Sonata BHD Pro Portable DAC & Amp Review

What is the nos option? Are al these firmware options confirmed to work or theyre placeholders?
  5. S

TempoTec Sonata BHD Pro Portable DAC & Amp Review

does anyone have copy of the firmware? official links is broken
  6. S

A Thread Dedicated to Cirrus Logic CS43131

I have tempotec hd pro, it allows volume to control while playing DSD, but what I read says for this to be possible it must be converted back to PCM. In CS43131 block diagram, you can see the DSD input bypass interpolation and volume control... anyone explain how volume control is possible...
  7. S

Youtube positive gain values?

oh ok, simple explanation. thank you.
  8. S

Youtube positive gain values?

I notice on "stats for nerds" on youtube videos of music that the gain setting is often a positive value... does this mean the audio is being clipped or distorted in some kind of way?
  9. S

Review: Apple vs Google USB-C Headphone Adapters

the us has half the output voltage, they perform the same when volume is same. SNR is better at higher volume, you wont be able to use that without connecting to an amp, and you wont hear it anyway
  10. S

USB bus noise

I have the USB isolator from ali in the first post, it is to avoid groundloop between DAC and ADC. There is high pitch noise from DACs connected to a speaker amp using isolator. It is with laptop on battery with usb DAC only connected, no ground loops, the isolator causes the noise. I tried...
  11. S

Topping L30 II Review (Headphone Amp)

Ok, thanks for history lesson, where is evidence the ASR dac tests use 10k load?
  12. S

all the dashboard measurement say 100k, where do you see 10k. I know it is important, that is literally the point I am making, so why isnt it being tested?
  13. S

all dac reviews use 100k load for testing, but very low input impedance 2.5kohm is on most of the topping amps I think. How can we know the DACs perform at the level in the reviews under those low impedance loads? has it been tested?? isnt this something important to consider?
  14. S

CHORD M-Scaler Review (Upsampler)

if anything is heard it must be the high jitter on digital output that you hear in the dac. Also many dac chip measure worse at higher sample rates, another reason it possible upsampling can make change to the sound (with more distortion).
  15. S

WolfX700 Measurement of Topping L30 Headphone Amp

Any one load close to normal headphone would be start 32 ,50, 100 ohm whatever
Top Bottom