Recent content by Shoaibexpert

1. Shoaibexpert

Audiophiles, generally don't like class D amps!

I think this is mostly bias, as with everything in audio...bias as to why people can get the same SQ as crazy expensive gear if they shop smartly and pay heed to measurements. Even though i can't call myself as someone who has tried it all but I did attend a few audio shows in the past years...
  2. Shoaibexpert

NAD M23

I beg to disagree here. I could have got the M33 but went for separates coz M33 seemed to pack a lot of electronics in one box, all sharing the PSU section and also because in the process it basically did A to D conversion (for any separate/cleaner DAC), then processed the signal and then did D...
  3. Shoaibexpert

NAD M23

I add color by adding VMV D1se Tube 2 to the mix. It works very well. The hybrid digital output stage of the D1se makes for a very fluid presentation, too...
  4. Shoaibexpert

NAD M23

I upgraded from C298 to M23 this week and I can say that you get what you pay for! M23 is definitely more cleaner, punchier with better instrument separation and wider and deeper soundstage. Looks like the PSU changes helped. No I did not do ABx as the C298 was sold beforehand. I have an ASR...
  5. Shoaibexpert

SMSL SU-9 Balanced DAC Review

Haha...nice reason to love an audio equipment for sure! Thats a very individual and subjective preference and depends on what setup your using to listen. Do you use headphones? If your headphones are under $500. Dont bother as your system is already an overkill. If they are >$1500 (I know very...
  6. Shoaibexpert

Upgraded from SU-9 to VMV D1SE. With it's Tube 2 setting, I have to say this DAC does sound different from the SU-9, sepakers disappearing from the scene. A little Bass light (very little...that too in perception...my in room responses are identical for both DACs) but wayyy more resolving and...
  7. Shoaibexpert

Review and Measurements of Massdrop THX AAA 789 Amp

It's a BRZ hifi Chinese LPS, 24V/80W into the 789. Really works well...unless that's what caused the caps to swell up...
  8. Shoaibexpert

Thanks. I have given my 789 to a repair shops locally who is replacing both caps. The thing is I have a LPSU with 24 V and in my experience it seems to give an extra bit of oomph to the lower end with my HD800S that is very pleasing. If I were to change the amp, I'd need to get another LPS...
  9. Shoaibexpert

Seems like after 3 years, one of my THX 789 capacitors is swelling up and needs replacement. Any idea what is the part number I can use to reorder them? I know it's Rubycon. Also, the pot seemed to be quite scrathy and was making noises so I put in some WD40 only to find it shouldn't be used ...
  10. Shoaibexpert

REW and Re-phase for dummies.

Hi, can you do JUST the phase correction without REW EQ adjustments? I feel the dips in my measured FR are moving in line with how the phase shifts are occuring...so i think correct the phase, correct the FR? Thanks
  11. Shoaibexpert

SMSL SU-9n Review (Balanced Stereo DAC)

Please throw your D90SE my way...I can bear the MQA non-sense in your stead and take the pain away! Seriously, don't sub to Tidal...don't download MQA content...no MQA light...problem solved!
  12. Shoaibexpert

SMSL SU-9n Review (Balanced Stereo DAC)

Could be more like 2 versions of the SU-9n DAC from their track record... I dont understand how a company can manage multiple assembly lines for different PCBs, components and casings (albeit name change only)...not to mention SW development etc. at such a rapid pace with $59 or so difference...
  13. Shoaibexpert

Any users who tried the sound colors especially Rich and Tube colors? Love to hear your thoughts if anyone tried in speaker setups. I feel it's the ace in SU-9s proverbial sleeves... really takes away that digital glare. Although, after fighting so much over higher 3rd harmonic...
  14. Shoaibexpert

True and proof wasn't the objective here. Its a subjective account on a decent system, of my personal experience...in a world where people are bombarded with new similarly measuring (beyond hearing clean) DACs with same or similar implementations in new chassis, every couple of months supported...
Top Bottom