Recent content by ShinMolina

1. ShinMolina

SMSL DA9 - Wait and see, or solid buy?

Another happy customer here! I'm not saying that the DA-9 is issue free, lot of people have shown the same kind of issues. However, we do not know the exact number of units that work flawlesly as @josh6113 said. Mine hasn't failed once.
  2. ShinMolina

Puritan Audio PSM156 Review (AC Filter)

Thanks a lot for the reply! I see you control the subject at study and have brought a lot of useful information into it. With cable management, properly shielded cables and minimizing ground loop area the noise is pretty non existent. Since I was already looking into a cheap mains filter, after...
  3. ShinMolina

They are touching along all the way, so the area is as minimal as possible to reduce the antenna effect. I use velcro to keep my cables tidy. The only close AC line I have is the one at the back of the preamp. Apart from that, every other power line is as far as I can get them. The RCA cable is...
  4. ShinMolina

That's already what I did months ago and that's why I consider it solved. I have updated every device in the setup: the preamp, speaker amplifier, the turntable and all the RCA cables. The only things that helped was the replacement of the RCA cables by properly shielded ones and making some...
  5. ShinMolina

Yeah, the crossing angle of the cables is important of course. I'm limited because the cables come parallel at the back, I've done what I can. The turntable is grounded and all possible ground loops have been avoided. The noise was there even before I incorporated a DAC into my setup. The...
  6. ShinMolina

Well, I measured the AC mains with an oscilloscope and the only noticeable peak was that 8 kHz one. I measured up to 20 MHz if I remember correctly. I also think that it is quite strange, 8 kHz noise couldn't radiate as easily from a power cord. Likewise, the ferrite choke didn't help at all...
  7. ShinMolina

Do not go deep into the issue, I already solved it months ago by my standards when I bought the Mogami cables. The noise is only listenable with the ear at 20 cm or less from the speakers when at normal volume. That's enough for me, I can't hear the sound when sitting at the couch and nothing...
  8. ShinMolina

I have, but ferrite chokes do not offer enough attenuation in the kHz range, they usually are intended to reduce noise in the MHz range.
  9. ShinMolina

I don't know what device or cable upgrades could eliminate this issue, I'm using Mogami cables and a Cambridge Audio Alva Solo. Both of them are top of the notch without going into expensive stuff. The part that is acting line an antenna are the cables from the turntable to the preamp. As I...
  10. ShinMolina

No, I only hear the 8 kHz when the turntable is connected to the preamp. The noise is higher when the RCA cables are closer to the AC power cords, it is "funny" to play with them as I move them closer and further.
  11. ShinMolina

I think it is a worthy upgrade. In my case, I upgraded from a BRZHIFI TPA3255A to the DA-9. Maybe the sound is a little richer, I haven't noticed any major sound improvements, the difference may be greater when coming from the TPA3116. What I can say is that the remote, the input selection...
  12. ShinMolina

I also thought I saw APTX support for the AO200, but I also don't remember where I saw it. The bluetooth part of the AO200 is completely different from the DA-9 when looking at the pictures you've taken from both units. For what I've heard, the spelling issue was swiftly fixed, many people...
  13. ShinMolina

I have already tested it multiple times. It is radiated noise from every mains cable near and appears stronger the closer the circuit is to the elevator. If any AC line goes close to an interconnect the noise appears. I forgot to say that the only link affected that causes the noise to be...
  14. ShinMolina

I see that you have come here like a storm! Just joking. ;) First of all, I don't challenge Amirm's measurements. I find them quite valuable and have motivated me to star doing my own measurements. I consider myself a "deaf" person, in the sense that I unable to hear some things that people...
  15. ShinMolina

It does something, which is a plus when comparing it to other similar devices. But what it does has little to none relation to what they say it does.
Top Bottom